We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conserns of "overbooking" at RDCC

norfolk uk
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Conserns of "overbooking" at RDCC

Have been reading on some other sites of 1st choice customers being moved to other resorts at check in at RDCC

Has anybody any info?

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conserns of "overbooking" at RDCC

I know both Decamerons were moving people earlier in the year their newest location. However, they have since let that property go. So depending on when you are traveling, I don't think you'll have much to worry about.

Wigan, Lancashire
Level Contributor
927 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conserns of "overbooking" at RDCC

Hi,

I have just read the latest review and they were moved to the "FUN" resort. looking at their location they are from Canada.

I have also read that the FUN Resort has new owners from April, so cant see anyone being moved.

We have booked with First Choice and fly out 29th April till 17th May so hopefully we should be ok.

Dave

norfolk uk
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conserns of "overbooking" at RDCC

Thanks for your reply,we are there wed 10th April for 2 weeks so keeping our fingers crossed

Wigan, Lancashire
Level Contributor
927 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Conserns of "overbooking" at RDCC

I could be wrong, but am sure it was Cocotel251 who posted about the new owners.

Send a PM and hopefully he can put your mind at ease.

Cheers

Dave

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Conserns of "overbooking" at RDCC

Most of the "bumping" goes on from Jan-Mar. Usually it is only the Montego Bay location that has it happen. The last couple of years, both locations did it trying to get guest to the "Fun" resort.

I don't think you should have much to worry about.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Conserns of "overbooking" at RDCC

RDFC is sold and set to close and reopen under new onwership. The Decamerans do have a bad reputation of over booking and bumping guests without notice. If RDCC & RDMB are both over booked, god only knows where they will send you now.

IMO, keep your fingers & toes crossed. They may just lease up some other rundown property for overflow.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Conserns of "overbooking" at RDCC

The "bumping" has more to do with getting guests at both (or all three) of their resorts. A lot has to do with who you book with. You can almost guarantee that the resorts aren't full, even if they are bumping.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
897 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Conserns of "overbooking" at RDCC

RDCC has been fully booked for march and April from canadian agencies that I checked since the first week of March. Friends of ours decided they wanted to join us and couldn't find an agencies to book with.

I have been following TA daily and this bumping business at rdcc hasn't been mentioned in quite awhile, I had been hoping that it wouldn't be an issue.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Conserns of "overbooking" at RDCC

It shouldn't be an issue. Especially for travel now. It usually happens the most between Jan and Mar. Until the Decameron Group started running the RDFC, I don't remember reading too much about bumping from RDCC. Usually it was from RDMB to RDCC. Then RDCC started bumping to RDFC. Now RDFC isn't owned (leased) by Decameron anymore.

And check AppleVacations. You can book with them, even in Canada. Not sure your travel dates though.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
897 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Conserns of "overbooking" at RDCC

we booked through air Canada..

Flying from Toronto on Friday :)))))

So too late for friends... Never even thought about apple vacations..just can. agencies