We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customs

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Customs

Can someone please let me know what to expect in customs. I've never had to go through customs so.....

I'm wanting to bring some "goodies" for the kids, etc and am wondering how to pack so nothing is said or do they care that I'm brining over some items for the locals??

Help!

Thanks!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Customs

facsed - Hi. We're heading Jamaica Nov 6th. First time! Any advice?

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Customs

I brought some clothes my kids had outgrown and there were some camo pants that were my son's but when the recipient received and looked through the clothes she didn't make any comment about them and wanted them all so I guess it was okay?

But yeah..I didn't mention anything out of the ordinary when I went through customs and had no problems..

That's interesting about the camo thing tho..never even knew anything like that before until now.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Customs

I brought some clothes my kids had outgrown and there were some camo pants that were my son's but when the recipient received and looked through the clothes she didn't make any comment about them and wanted them all so I guess it was okay?

But yeah..I didn't mention anything out of the ordinary when I went through customs and had no problems..

That's interesting about the camo thing tho..never even knew anything like that before until now.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Customs

First I've heard of it as well. You learn something new everyday...

St. Louis
Level Contributor
98 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Customs

We did something similar in July and Custums in Jamaica was no problem. We were asked if we had anything to declare and we said "no." There was no bags inspection done that I saw. Like yourself, we had some concerns beforehand but getting through was a breeze. We laughed later because we were asked if we had any fruit with us and my wife had a banana with her. She said yes and gave the lady at custums the banana. She just threw it away. Then we got our passports stamped and were through.

At our resort, Breezes Runaway Bay, we asked at the front desk who to give the items (school supplies) to. We were told that Mr. Kelly, an employee of the resort, took such items. It seemed to be a routine thing for them. Have a wonderful trip!

16. Re: Customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 20, 2009