We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe April 12

halifax
5 posts
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe April 12

My husband and I are travelling for the first time to Jamaica with another couple on April 12th staying at the Gran Bahia. Would love to hear any tips and advice on the resort and excursions ?

Deer Lake Nl.
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gran Bahia Principe April 12

How late is the buffet open at the BPJ? We will get to the resort about 9 pm? Will it still be open then?

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gran Bahia Principe April 12

@Beverly, Buffet is open till 9:30pm.

Grand Falls...
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gran Bahia Principe April 12

I`m not understanding about the clocks not keeping time. Can someone explain this to me.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,699 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gran Bahia Principe April 12

Since you asked you question twice, I will attempt to answer twice (with better editing):

Mac7778, if you bring a plug-in clock, it will run slow. The clock will take its 'internal time keeper' from the frequency of the mains. In Canada, the frequency of the mains is 60Hz (cycles per second). In Jamaica, the frequency of the mains is 50Hz, causing the clocks to run some 17 percent slower.

If your clock runs on batteries or DC power (like what you would use for your phone/computer/tablet battery chargers), then there is no issue about the clock keeping time.

Still confused?

15. Re: Gran Bahia Principe April 12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 09, 2014