We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Hi guys,

Just got back from the RDCC and hope to get a review up in the next couple of days, but in the the meantime any questions?

Pekin, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Just back from Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Hi, Do you know if all the rooms have a balcony or patio? Are there elevators, my husband can't do a lot of stairs?Also, I read that they have discontinued the shuttle to Ocho Rio. is that true? Thanks

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Just back from Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

MonkeyFunky...

We just got back last night from Fun, but the last night we were there we took the free shuttle to Club. Both resorts were nice, but I would definitely recommend FUN over Club for teens from what I saw, even though it appeared to us that the food was better at Club. Here's why:

Fun has all Jamaican "Fun" makers - people who do activities, run the shows, lifeguards, etc. They are all FUN! And all speak English. Club had a couple Jamaicans, but the rest of their staff seemed to be native French speakers. (I took five years of French, and I have nothing against them!) Nice people, just not Jamaican!

Club is promoted to the French, and much of the music is French and the show was translated from French to English, and we were the only English speakers we saw. (It was REALLY cool to experience, but my husband said he would have been upset if we had booked and stayed there and didn't know it was going to be a French-y place.)

There are more pools and a water slide at FUN. There is also a disco (we didn't go, I'm sure we're too old being late 20's, early 30's, hah!), though I'm unsure if there is one at Club. If there was, I'm sure they'd make some nice French friends, if they could speak French.

We LOVED the staff and the atmosphere at FUN. We really enjoyed our visit to Club, but were very glad to stay at Fun. Let me know if you have any other questions!!!

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Just back from Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Hi Pekintraveller,

Almost all of the rooms have terraces and the hotel is very wheelchair friendly from what I could see. There are no elevators because there is only one story in the majority of the hotel.

I'm not sure about a shuttle to ocho rios as no awareness of this was made and we didn't ask so I can't help you with that one I'm afraid

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Just back from Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Hi JetSetterJonesy

Whilst I agree that the Fun Caribbean is probably better for the teens from how you've described it (in fact on the whole sounds more like what we would have enjoyed lol) I have to disagree on the fact that the Club caters only for the French.... On the day that the French arrive they all congregate around the entertainment and bar area and the hotel makes them feel welcome by talking in their language and spending time with them - but this also happens when other nationalities arrive.... we had a lovely welcome and were looked after considerably by all of the staff all the time we there and we're english. So I'm just wondering if you happened to visit the hotel on the "French" day so to speak? From what you've described though the Fun does sound a place worth visiting!! (PS the Club does have a disco as we were in it till 4am most mornings lol)

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Just back from Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

By the way... have to add that my review is now up and if you have any other questions just let me know!!!! I want to go back now lol

Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Just back from Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Hi,

I do have a question. Do you know if you can get a Beach Cottage upgrade???

We have a garden one booked but really wanted a Beach one but they did not appear when I was booking. It didn't matter what the dates were that I put in. We finally booked April 5th-13th. Can't wait.

I think it probably has something to do with the French in regards that maybe they are all for them ???

17. Re: Just back from Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 27, 2014