We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunn River Falls Tour

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Falls...
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dunn River Falls Tour

This seems to be about the most popular tour in Jamica. Is it appropriate for all ages. When I think of doing this tour I think of having to do alot of climbing, is this so. I guess a number of different tour companies have their own itinerary, but basically what do this tours involve. Someone in a post also mentioned a tour of the Ocho Rios area and some shopping. Anyone do this, I think I would enjoy this.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dunn River Falls Tour

See the following:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147312-i110-k6068…

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dunn River Falls Tour

Also have a read of people's experiences in the review section of tripadvisor to get an idea of what to expect.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g147312-…

If you don't like climbing you can still go, there are steps from the top down to the beach and decked landings along the way so that you can see the falls without climbing them, they are beautiful. Some do the guided tours and go up hand in hand and others (like me) choose not to have a guide.

Have a read about shopping too

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147312-s405/Ocho-R…

I did all of this. We had a brilliant registered JUTA driver Winston Aarons who said 'tourists usually stay shopping from Island Village to the Clock Tower if shopping on Main Street in Ocho Rios' as he dropped us off although you'll read that others venture further and have a good time - depends on what you like. He did take us to queue up for a patty further up and off Main Street which was lovely.

We also toured further around with Winston as there are some lovely areas and views in Ocho Rios. He can be contacted on winston.taxi@yahoo.com if you want more information and costs, he can help you to determine a tour that is just right for you at a very fair price. There is a list of recommended drivers if you click the link in the top right hand corner of the Jamaica Forum.

Hope this helps a bit. You'll have fun exploring.

3. Re: Dunn River Falls Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 26, 2014