We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starfish

Colorado
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Starfish

Hi all-

My husband, mom, 20 month old son and myself just returned from 9 nights at the Starfish. I will be posting a full review in the next couple of days, but if you have any questions now, let me know!! As far as the parasailing, there used to be an operator right next to the resort, but they didn't show back up this spring, so as of now, there is no close parasailing...

UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Starfish

Hi,

Do you remember how much the premium plan was?

Thanks,

Amit

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Starfish

Hello Amit, The Premium Plan is $38 per day ($19 children)

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Starfish

Casablanca has no surcharge to get in and at least half of them menu items have no surcharge.

The "shrimp menu" is temporary as it replaces what is the usual "Lobster menu" when lobster is out of season.

I was told $5 per person for the glass bottom, but that was for a group. Keep in mind that many of the watersport prices can be negotiated.

Blessings and respect to all.

Steve

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Starfish

For the time being parasailing has been replaced with a new "paraSURFING" type of sport. I'm not sure how many are familiar with it, but it's AWESOME !! You have a parachute attached to your waist with controls and you surf (reallllllly fast). You can get like 20 feet of air too!

Most every room 5th floor and up have excellent views of the ocean.

All NON-premium drinks are included in the basic price... you can get Appleton rum, and generic brands of vodka, scotch, rye, gin and many of the typical liquers like Blue Curacao, Tia Maria, Rum Creme etc.

Blessings and respect to all.

Steve

Colorado
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Starfish

Yep, way too much!!! It is $38 per person per day, $19 per child per day, and everyone in the same room must purchase the plan. We really felt we would have been better off paying for the activities and resteraunts as we went instead of buying the platinum plan.

UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Starfish

Thank you again.This site rocks.I'm sure I'll be posting more before my trip in July.I can't wait.Days seem to go very slow.

17. Re: Starfish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 am, August 12, 2009