We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starfish restaurants

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Starfish restaurants

We're going to the Starfish Trelawny Resort this weekend. Does anyone know of any good restaurants within walking distance of the resort that might serve fresh lobster or some authentic Jamaican dishes? We are looking to explore a little bit of the real Jamaican culture. Thanks.

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Starfish restaurants

Time n' Place is a short walk down the beach past FDR. Great food when the owner Tony is open.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Starfish restaurants

I agree with Chuck. DEFINATELY enjoy a lunch at Time and Place. It is a 10 minute walk up the beach past the Bamboo Village and just beyond FDR Peebles resort. My wife and I enjoyed the most delicious and FRESH grilled lobster ever there... and if you can believe it, it only cost about $10.50 US EACH!!! INcredible!!!

I STRONGLY suggest that you take a walk down there early in your week and PRE arrange a time and day with the owner (Tony) that you want to return for lunch. That will give him the chance to prepare for you and will ensure that you are served promptly.

This is an incredibly rustic place, but it is a priceless experience and the food is delicious. ENJOY !!!

Tell Tony that Steve from Canada sends his blessings.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

MN
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Starfish restaurants

The best advice I can give that completely made out vacation at starfish last week...get ahold of Paris - Hes a cab driver exclusively for starfish, and have him take you to his favorite restaraunt...Vibrations (i think). Its about 10 minutes past glistening waters. Greatest restaurant I ate at, and the nicest cab driver we had.