We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples or Sandals for wedding/honeymoon?

Texas, Dallas area
Level Contributor
64 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Couples or Sandals for wedding/honeymoon?

After months of deliberation, we have finally decided on Jamaica for our destination weddingmoon. Now the hard part is deciding which resort. We'd like to go AI since we've never been to Jamaica, so either Couples or Sandals? I've read good things on both so do any of you have any advice, suggestions, comments on both places? We're in our mid 30's, like to have some nightlife, plan on doing some excursions, but I want a beautiful, romantic place for our wedding...one that I will look forward to returning to on our anniversaries! I've read many of the posts here and you all have some great advice (I'm so thankful!) So, any advice or suggestions regarding Couples or Sandals and weddings at either of the places would be greatly appreciated!

Gina

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples or Sandals for wedding/honeymoon?

We were married at Couples Ocho Rios. It was quite romantic and beautiful. I love Couples because it is a small, intimate resort without all the commercialization and hype you find at larger chain resorts. Couples is growing but they have managed to retain their atmosphere since all their resorts are smaller-scale than the big guys like Sandals. Also, Couples Ocho Rios offers more included excursions than any of the other AI resorts. We looked into a lot of resorts before choosing Couples Ocho Rios for our weddingmoon. (We have also been to Couples Negril.)

If you want to see my wedding pictures from Couples, let me know. If you decide to go to Couples you won't be disappointed. We went back for our 2nd anniversary and are planning a trip back next year too.