We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Ambiance.

Southern MD
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Topic
Club Ambiance.

I am considering a return trip to Club Ambiance in the late fall. Having been there several times, I am surprised by the unusual number of negative reviews since the new owners took over about June 1. Has anyone been there since June 1 or does anyone have any knowledge of the situation there. Some review comments illustrate that the guests did not read the resort descriptions well.

Altoona, Iowa
Level Contributor
67 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Ambiance.

I have talked to a few people and they are saying that things have really went down hill! I am praying that is just due to all the changes, and once the new owners start working on upgrades that things will turn around! I know that Gilbert is still there and is trying to work on making things run as smoothly as possible with the transition!

We have a big group that goes every January, but due to all the change we are now going to Punta Cana next January and taking a break to see how things go. I will miss all the people at CA, and pray that things get turned around so we can make a return trip there!

If you do go, please make sure and update us on how things are going!

Cincy, Ohio
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Ambiance.

Going there Saturday. We were there about 8 years ago and really enjoyed it. I will let you know in about 10 days.

Southern MD
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Ambiance.

Jamaican 88 and Punta cana1,

Thanks for the input. I was there in May before the change over and things hadn't changed much. General maintenance ( painting, etc ) had slipped a bit. Glad to see Gilbert is still GM. Maybe with some support from the new owners things will work out.

Cincy, Ohio
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Ambiance.

Just returned on Saturday. New Mgmnt all over the place. Lots of repairs and painting going on . Had a fantastic trip. Do not expect the Ritz and you will have a great time.

Level Contributor
455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Ambiance.

Its good to hear that things are being done. I'm sure there will be alot of guestions to be answered, so I'm going to start with a few. How was the entertainment day/night? What nights did they provide entertainment? How was the food? Other than painting and repairs did you notice any other renovations going on.

I have been to CA numerous times, and am returning in September,given this is low season so occupancy will be low, it will be interesting to see what has changed or hasn't changed.

Southern MD
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Ambiance.

Puntacana1,

Thanks. I just booked for a week beginning Dec 10. Is Gilbert still the GM?

Cincy, Ohio
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Ambiance.

Gilbert is no longer the GM. He introduced himself but I dont recall his name. They were installing a lot of new a/c units . They repaired the hot tub while we were there and lots of painting. The food was fantastic. They had the house band plus other entertainment every night.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Ambiance.

Glad to hear. We were considering going this fall but decided to wait to see what the new management was going to do. Is the nude beach still open?

Cincy, Ohio
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Ambiance.

Nude beach is still open with talk of expanding it.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Ambiance.

Sounds like good news all the way around! Thanks for the information. If this type of news continue, this resort will be at the top of our list for our spring vacation!