We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Club Caribbean, Runaway Bay

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean, Runaway Bay

As anyone stayed at this all inclusive. We have booked for 2 wks at the start of next august,we are a couple in our forties with no children. It is our first time in Jamaica and all inclusive,usually staying at Spain half board.

What's the weather like,what's free at hotel,is it safe to wonder? We intend to book some trips,is it advisabe to book in advance or while there? We want to go to Nine Mile,Dunns Falls,Bob Marley Museum on Kingston tour and the rasta village in Mongego Bay,and maybe Black River cruise.

Being our first trip to the island we want to feel safe and not get to pestured by locals.

Any thoughts?

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Kingston
Kingston
Jamaica
Black River
Black River
360 Reviews
Jamaica
1. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean, Runaway Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:36 am, April 22, 2015
Edited: 10:36 am, April 22, 2015
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,690 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean, Runaway Bay

AS far as trips, we usually have an idea what we want to do, but never book before getting there. Too many variables. Sand Gravity might set in, weather might be a factor, we might find people at the resort that want to go along, etc. So we book once we are at the resort, and have a feel for things.

As was said, August is the start of hurricane season so you will probably see some rain. Probably not an all day rain, but some rain in the afternoon. You will probably know ahead of time if it looks like there is a hurricane heading for the island or not. I really wouldn't worry about those.

You will get asked, multiple times, to buy things by the locals when you leave the resort. A respectful "No thank you" works 99% of the time.

The nice thing about RDCC is that you now have exchange privileges at RDFC so you enjoy two resorts for the price of one.

Manchester
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean, Runaway Bay

ive stayed at this resort 3 times so far and am going again at christmas, i travel with a female friend and we absolutly love it! the hotel is not 5 star but the staff are very friendly and at the end of the day a holiday is what you make it.

You will prob get a bit of rain but its usually a quick shower that lasts a few mins and clears up again. The bars are good, especially the swings on the jetty are a lovely place to relax.

we have left the resort plenty of times, theres a bar across the road called the british bulldog owned by Trevor and Gail from Mancherster - well worth a visit! you will often find many of the hotel staff here after there shift, and you will get a taste of the real jamaica here with a bit of karioke chucked in lol. the chicken guy outside sells the best jerk chicken ever!! You will get bothered by locals but a 'no thanks' usually works fine, just keep your wits about you like you would anywhere wlse and you will have no issues.

As for trips check out the prices of the tours from your rep then just outside the gates of the hotel is paulines shop, her husband is a well know taxi driver and will give you good deals on any trips, and will stop off at drifferent places for you and wait for you.

if you have any questions feel free to message or inbox me

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean, Runaway Bay

Thankyou for your comments.

Edited: 12:42 pm, August 01, 2012
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean, Runaway Bay

Hi thanks for your comments,yours as been the most rewarding. Please tell me more if you don't mind. What trips did you find the most rewarding etc. What on the resort is worth checking out. What bars and shops are value for money. What is the entertainment like at the hotel. Me and the wife are Bob Marley nuts and reggae music.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,866 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean, Runaway Bay

That trip to Kingston will take all day. The travel time might be 3 hours each way (maybe more).

Nine mile is not such a far journey, but the roads are 'interesting' so the travel time is variable.

Black River Cruise is on the South coast near Sav La Mar, so the journey there will be about 4 hours each way. But there are several Black Rivers.

This is the satellite view of RDCC: wikimapia.org/…b

Mentioned in this post
Kingston
Kingston
Jamaica
Black River
Black River
360 Reviews
Jamaica
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean, Runaway Bay

What about The Rastafari Indigenous Village as any one been there?

Mentioned in this post
Rastafari Indigenous Village
Rastafari Indigenous...
78 Reviews
Jamaica
Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean, Runaway Bay

I have been to the Rasta village and found it to be a great day out...very interesting...seeing true Rasta's and how they live of the land..

If you look at my profile you will see some photo's of us there..

I even joined in with a group and they taught me how to beat the drums...great fun..

Also stayed at RDCC twice..nice place..

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean, Runaway Bay

As any one been to the Bob Marley Experience in Montego Bay? Is Negril worth visiting? Is it worth doubling up some trips in a taxi? Does the reggae/zion bus pick up from Runaway Bay. Any info you feel I should know.

Mentioned in this post
Bob Marley Experience
Bob Marley Experience
451 Reviews
Jamaica
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean, Runaway Bay

What's the adult entertainment like at RDCC Hotel and what about the food?