We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunquest Superselect at BRB/JRB

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sunquest Superselect at BRB/JRB

There are a few different categories but only one comes up for sale with this Canadian tour operator.

Can anyone advise what category room this actually is and how to go about upgrading, if possible, prior to arriving at the property?

Thanks

ny
Level Contributor
170 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunquest Superselect at BRB/JRB

Kind of crazy that there is no way to look at the room categories or PRICES Anywhere!!! I have email both JRB and JDR to try to get some idea if I should wait and book or find another resort for my group in February.......Woww!!

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunquest Superselect at BRB/JRB

We have booked many people for our daughters wedding in March before the changeover and my TA said that she can still book more rooms. Earlier in the week she said she couldn't book anybody else but she said that she could again.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunquest Superselect at BRB/JRB

Good day, for Canada, "Super Select" is a SuperClubs/Breezes room category, not a category of Jewel Runaway Bay. Sunquest is still building the Jewel Runaway Bay product but they can assist if you (or your travel agent) call them.

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunquest Superselect at BRB/JRB

Thank you Michele O,

everyone Michele works for the Jewel too so ask her any question you want.

Scott from the Jewel.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,710 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunquest Superselect at BRB/JRB

SuperClubs stopped their Super Select program in 2008. Super Select was a run-of-the-house concept where the front desk assigned you a room when you checked in.

If your travel agent still has this program listed, they are really behind in their knowledge. If it were me, I would find a different, more competent agent.

Pontiac, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunquest Superselect at BRB/JRB

Hmmm... very interesting as we just booked last week for December through Sunquest and were given the 'super select' room as well. I just presumed it was the lowest category which was fine as we don't really spend much time in the room but....well, won't we be in for a surprise then!

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
897 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunquest Superselect at BRB/JRB

Hedo... FYI... I checked out a number of Canadian online travel agencies and they all offer "super select". room category...

You would assume, they get their info from the resort???

Or none of them have update their info in the last 4 years..!!!!!

bottom line... Super select is telling me that you are getting the basic room category... Rather then premium..(USA travel agencies) which leads me to believe that the room is pretty good and leads to disappointment

8. Re: Sunquest Superselect at BRB/JRB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 15, 2013