Has anyone who is booked at BRB after May 31 been officially notified by Jewel, SuperClubs, or their TA about what their options are going to be?
I am concerned because we booked BRB (would our 4th time there) seeking these things:
1) Free Included Greens Fees across the street and the 18 hole golf course. (This appears to be included at Jewel we think, but golf is not included at the other Jewel Resort so I guess we need to see how it reads in print.)
2) Daily included Scuba Diving trips (I am PADI certified)
3) Daily included Snorkeling trips off-site
4) An environment where people are not tipping but that the staff is farily compensated in a way that makes them not have to rely on tips. (SC includes tips in the package price that are paid to the staff based on occupancy. I realize it is my choice not to tip even where tipping is allowed, but the SC model is far more comfortable for me than having everyone around me tipping. This is why Couples and Sandals do it this way as well. In Mexico it got tough to get a drink sometimes because people were walking up to the bar flashing tip money an the bartenders and those who did not have a tip in hand waited a LONG time for drinks. We avoid that environment on vacation.)
5) Waterskiing, glass-bottom boat, etc...
6) All guests 18 and over (as BRB was when we booked)
Here is my concern.... I have no doubt that Jewel will be a nice resort. In fact the way SC has been in its 'death throes' recently it may well be an improvement. However we paid for our vacation under the understanding that we would be getting 1-6 above for our cost, plus a Red Stripe and a clean bathroom in the SC Lounge before heading to the resort. Are we going to be told that they are just going to transfer our stay from BRB to Jewel Runaway Bay?
Because if so.... at the same cost ... I would expect 1-6 above for my $ once I got there. Otherwise it would be like going to BRB and finding they had stopped scuba, and all other included motorized waterports ,.. but at the same price. I will be keenly interested to see how the inclusion at Jewel compare to what we paid to get at BRB.
Here is the real point I am trying to make.... I don't expect Jewel to have all the same amenities as BRB, but if they do not then my price should be less than I paid because otherwise I will be in the same room at the same resort... just with less value for my money.