We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Bahia Principe - any questions?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Topic
Just returned from Bahia Principe - any questions?

Just returned yesterday from Bahia Principe and had a wonderful time!

N S Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe - any questions?

Probably wishing you were still there ? I sure do whenever I return home.

Do you know if there are ground level rooms near the pool ? We're traveling with a toddler and would like to be able to take turns while he naps but still be enjoying the sun.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe - any questions?

I am curious to know how long the bus ride is from the airport to the resort ?

About an hour ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe - any questions?

orcasinger - The resort wraps around the pools so there would be lots of rooms on the ground level. We were in Bldg 17 and those rooms would be across a grassy area(maybe 3-4 min walk) to the activity pool. Bldg 23 is at the other end of the resort and that area of the pool is very quiet - not sure if there are ground level rooms there - maybe someone who stayed in that area might know.

sweetcarebear - the bus ride was about 50 minutes for us. We didn't stop for any break (which I was glad) but some buses do. Get a seat on the side opposite the driver - the views of the ocean are amazing!

montreal
Level Contributor
128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe - any questions?

my daughter and family were at gbp last april.- transat holidays. Their bus stopped for a drink, bathroom break., so of course, it took more time to get to the resort. Their driver was very good at pointing out the different sights on the way. Personally, I could do without the extra stop. Every minute counts when you only have a week !!

Washington DC
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe - any questions?

What activities/restaurants/bars/attractions are near the resort? We will be visting GBP for a week beginning April 1, and want to know what else there is to do in Runaway Bay via walking or a short cab ride. We have four teenagers!

Also, does the resort offer free shuttle service to other areas (such as Ocho Rios)?

Edited: 12:00 pm, March 22, 2012
Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe - any questions?

Had the Italian Restaurant reopened yet?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe - any questions?

We are considering this hotel for May. Is there anywhere to walk to in the evenings? What are the temperatures like?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe - any questions?

KronCorp - There are stores, sports bar etc. included in the complex at the Pueblo Principe area. Ocho Rios is about 20 mins away. We hired a cab who drove us around for the day. We saw Ocho Rios - seemed to us a busy city/town, crowds, touristy stores - not what we were there for so didn't stay long. Didn't see a free shuttle, but there is a desk at the front entrance where they will order cabs for you.

gizmotibo - The Italian Restaurant has reopened.

GRAHAMDANIELS - We just stayed at the resort in the evenings. You can walk to the Pueblo Principe for drinks, stores etc. When we were there in mid March the temp was high 20 C but felt more like mid 30s, cooled down at night but never needed a sweater.

Newfoundland and...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe - any questions?

Just wondering if you travelled with Air Canada Vacations? Did you prebook your dinner reservations before going, and if so, how did you do it?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from Bahia Principe - any questions?

MamaABC - Yes, we travelled with AC. I emailed the resort a week before we arrived to request a certain time for dinner (we like to eat late). AC automatically books your dinners but if you want a certain time or day, then I would email the resort with your request.