We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starfish Trelawny - General Questions

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Starfish Trelawny - General Questions

Hi, I just have a coulpe of questions about the area and the hotel. I will be going in September, with my sister. We are 24, and 27.. is this hotel ONLY family oriented? Will we be out of place there? Also, how close is all the shopping?

new york
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Starfish Trelawny - General Questions

Hi CanadianGirl! Thanks for the info! I've been looking for a good party trip/bus to do at night! Did you guys have fun? How can I set this up-through the hotel?

Jeannine

cape breton, nova...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Starfish Trelawny - General Questions

Hey there Jeannines,

Margaritaville was a blast! All you have to do is go to the tour desk in the hotel lobby and sign up for it. It leaves every friday night. One of the lifeguards, Fitzroy is in charge of it. He is a great guy and we had tons of fun with him. He takes you on the bus with the rest of the group and you just pay the driver $15 when you get on. The $15 includes your cover fee to get in. They will give you a bracelet to put on when you meet in the lobby. Our bus left at 9PM from the main lobby. It was a 45 min drive and we left the bar at 130 and arrived back to the resort after 2AM.

However, if you decide to go on your own make sure you have a group organized to go and hire a cab outside of the hotel grounds. It is cheaper to get a cab outside of the gates because the ones inside have to pay a fee to the resort for allowing them to operate out of their lot.

I hope you have fun and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I was one of the girls that went with Canadiangirl16 so either of us would be happy to help out.

new york
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Starfish Trelawny - General Questions

You guys are great! Thanks for the info!! Did you get a chance to do some shopping?? I'm all about shopping!

Halifax
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Starfish Trelawny - General Questions

starfish was good and family orientated. if we go to jamaica again we will stay in mo-bay. we found the resort to far from everything. our cab driver said the rate to falmouth was 25us for about two hours. we where a little curious about this and after spending an hour there we had seen enough. he was right. on your way back to the resort after your day of shopping, get the cab to stop at scotchies for some jerk. its to die for. i would have eaten there every day if it wasn't so far from the starfish. we loved the hotel, food, service and beach but the seclusion of it all would prevent me from going back. we had our 7yr old with us. she loved it. me(cuba guy) liked mo-bay the best and i would be staying there next time.

ps hi there capergirl123

S. Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Starfish Trelawny - General Questions

This hotel is VERY family oriented!!! Also if you are in to "high end" you may have selected the wrong resort. I was very disappointed with the Starfish. It is not as nice as I had expected it to be. I was not expecting "high end" and felt let down by the entire experience. There were few people our age there and not a "party" crowd. The disco is very very lame. It is quiet by midnight or 1 am every night. There are never any bubbles in the Bubbles disco. The one night are Margaritaville does not make up for a whole week. Hopefully, you week will be better. Expect a quiet family croud with LOTS of kids!

new york
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Starfish Trelawny - General Questions

It's ok I'm soo not going to party I can do that right here every night-this trip is all about relaxing on the beach and getting tan of course!! And who am I kidding, I'll be right behind every child on line waitintg for the next activity lol.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Starfish Trelawny - General Questions

LOL You and me alike Jeannine! I'm still a "big kid" at heart :) You'll have a blast and at the same time there is still enough "classy" touches (like the spa, the jewelry shop and the a la carte restaurants) coupled with a "mandatory" visit to the Half Moon Shopping Village... You're good to go I think!

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

cape breton, nova...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Starfish Trelawny - General Questions

Jeannines,

We went to do exactly what you want to do! We had an unreal experience. We too were also the big kids at heart lining up for the kids waterslide and what not as well. Get involved in the water activities and with the entertainment activities and you will have a blast. We did not go to shop however, we just wanted the rest and relaxation so I cant give any advice on this. We did go to Bamboo Village which was a neat experience and bought some little gifts. Some of the carvings and paintings they do are beautiful. We made our own nightlife there and partied with staff and other guests. They also took us across the stree to the local Reggae bar. We went there twice and had fun. The locals were all very nice to us and they even taught us how to do some dances. We werent hassled by anyone and never approached to buy any illegal. I hope you have as much fun as us and I wish I was going again. Next year cant come quick enough.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Starfish Trelawny - General Questions

Wow, you guys sound like me!! I want to do the trapeze really bad and the water trampoline for sure! Maybe if I get a sitter one night I'll do the local bar across the street, but I don't really plan on staying up all hours of the night...too much to do during the day!

I'm not a big late night partier to begin with so this is perfecto for me....I'm getting all excited again!!!!