We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes Runaway Bay or Starfish

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chappaqua, NY
Level Contributor
99 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Breezes Runaway Bay or Starfish

I have a very active child who is 15 and we're trying to figure out if Breezes Runaway Bay would be better suited for us then Starfish. If someone could let me know which they think is better (activity wise, and rooms, and so on) that would be great.

~Woobin

Charleston, W. Va
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay or Starfish

Breezes is a fun place wiyh a lot to do but it does cater more to adults. Many of the games played can become pretty risque. There is a Nude beach and it is visible from the main beach.

Northern VA
Level Contributor
412 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay or Starfish

Woobin,

I've never been to Starfish but I'm guessing it caters more to younger kids. I would suggest you take the kid to Breezes with you. Yes, there are a lot of risque games and a lot of drinking that goes on but there is also a trapeze circus, snorkeling, game room, kareoke, and that kind of stuff. I think you and your kid will both be happy at Breezes.

The rooms at Breezes are so-so, horrible water pressure. That's all I can say bad about the place! The staff rocks and so do all of the activities.

Enjoy your vacation!

Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay or Starfish

I loved Breezes but I wouldn't take my 15 year old there due to adult themes throughout the facility especially the nudity.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay or Starfish

Greetings woobin, I agree with the above, I think 15 might be a bit on the young side for BRB. Both resorts have EXCELLENT facilities and activities so there's no advantage to one or the other that way. BRB is a tiny bit more upscale, but both are fairly basic.

Both are TONS of fun.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
226 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay or Starfish

I do not think Breezes Runaway will accept a 15-year-old. It is an adult resort and you need to check their Web site. Starfish in Trelawny is an excellent resort for you child. There is even a kids water part there, ice skating, basketball, tennis and the like

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay or Starfish

The website actually says 14 years and older. I'm a bit surprised. It used to be 18. I would recommend Starfish for a 15 year old. The activities and BRB are for adults mainly. I have been there 4 times and never have seen any teenagers . You will have a great time at Starfish!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay or Starfish

Ditto.

Was at BRB last November and beyond the adult themes, there wouldn't be many other 15 year olds to "hang out" with.

Another option might be Sunset Beach Resort & Spa just outside MoBay. They have a water park and Playstation arcade for kids.

But otherwise, would go with Starfish.

Iowa
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay or Starfish

My daughter and I stayed at Starfish 2 weeks ago ..GREAT for any age...Many activities to do ...games by the pools ...beautiful beach..

water and sand volleyball, mini golf, basket ball... There were all ages there.

That would be my choice for a 15 year old !

Milton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay or Starfish

Personally, having stayed and played at both, I would take a 15 yr. old to Starfish. The beach is much nicer (my personal opinion) and the chances of your teen finding things to do at Starfish with others is greater. The rooms at BRB are very nice, as is the entire resort, but it is always more $$$ than Starfish. Staff, food, etc. at both resorts is excellent. You can't go wrong at either, but as mentioned by others, if you want to protect your teen from some adult activity, etc., then Starfish is the place to be. Enjoy!