We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDCC Wedding 2012

co durham
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
RDCC Wedding 2012

We really need some help .... !!!

We went to the RDCC in May 2011 and the weather was pretty bad :-(

We are going back to get married next year but are prefering Beg Sep 2012 as longer to pay but worried about the rain again.

Other option was July 2012.

Is it more likey to rain in Sep ???

This is so stressfull !!

Queenriccy

Chukka Caribbean Adventures
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Pablo Tours Jamaica
Eco Tours, City Tours
Julious Tours Jamaica
River Rafting & Tubing, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Nuneaton...
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDCC Wedding 2012

Hi queenriccy

Look at : http://jamaica-guide.info/weather/ This would suggest that the month of July looks a better bet for your wedding.

You need to go for more than a week's holiday. That will give you the flexibility of rescheduling the event if it rains on the day. Arrange for the wedding during the first week of your holiday. If you have to rearrange it , you will still have a week or two to do that.

You do not need a ton of people going with you. If you want a crowd to be at the wedding, let this forum know. They will turn up in numbers.

You can have a party at home after the Jamaican wedding.

Best wishes for your big day.

Regards,

1november

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RDCC Wedding 2012

hi we have booked our weddin for 7th sept 2012 not going to stress about weather just lookin forward to our special day . have researched weather an yeah it can rain but is warm an dont last long an RDCC will work round date , there is no guarentee whatever time of year you go as you found out in may . Was it as lovely as it looks on paper at RDCC .Did you have ocean view cottage.Have you decided when yet you are going to go back

Might see you on beach in sept ,enjoy plannin jeanette n shaun

co durham
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: RDCC Wedding 2012

Hi Jeanette and shaun

We have had a re-think and are thinking November 2012 now. Holiday prices arnt on sale until Oct this year so putting a bit of money away to pay a lump sum off when they release the holidays. I am very worried about the weather, may last year was a bit of a wash out, we had a brill holiday but it was far too wet and I am just really worried it could be the same. I have spoken to Diane at the hotel and she said we can re-arrage if the weather is bad but most of sep is booked and I dont want it to rain !!!

Hotel is lush tho .. The hotel I wanted to get married in was the Hilton Rose Hall in Mo Bay but the reviews arnt as good and the wedding packages are fortunes. We know the RDCC has good food and drink and the beach is nice. There are loads of things to do during the day .. It was thebest holiday we have ever had.

xx

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDCC Wedding 2012

Hi Queenriccy we got Married on 5th November 2009 and apart from rain for about 10 minutes before I was due to get married, we were blessed with good weather for the whole two weeks, there were odd showers but nothing major. November 2010 there was more rain especially in the evenings but we had some sunny days too x you never know if you choose to return in November we may see your wedding......

We are all hoping to return November 2012 for my sister's big birthday x

co durham
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: RDCC Wedding 2012

Changed our bloody minds again !!!!

September 2012 it is. I have spoken to Diane and we can get married Sat 8 Sep - Its my mams birthday that day too so it will be special to us.

We are not changing our minds any more lol !!

I have a lot of information from Thomas Cook and also Diane about the things we can pay for locally, i feel very confident with everything. Only thing im worrying about is photos - I know Mushy Jam you said you didnt arrange a photographer until the big day but were they good quality ??

xx

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RDCC Wedding 2012

We went 26th May to 17th June.. back 3 days now. The 1st 2 weeks it rained rained and rained and I don't mean showers it hammered down. The paths were rivers!

You are better off getting married in September though it still is the rainy season but it can't be as bad as it was there for us.

We had 1 full dry day and 2 sunny mornings out of those 2 weeks just glad we went for 3 weeks otherwise I'd have been so disappointed! There is so much drinking you can do.. lol

Our 3rd week was sunny hot and humid.. Lovely :o)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RDCC Wedding 2012

Well am glad you have decided on a date ! Sounds like you as excited as us . We looked on internet at joeys photo shop runaway bay look a good package . Happy plannin jeanette n shaun x

co durham
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: RDCC Wedding 2012

We will have to come and have a peek at your wedding when we are there !!!

I am pretty confident everything will go to plan as we are bringing about 10 - 15 family members and dont want something to ruin the big day. Once everything is booked then im sure my mind will be at rest. We will have to meet you on the jetty bar after your wedding for a chat and a few cocktails lol.

What time have you booked for ??

xx

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RDCC Wedding 2012

we have booked four oclock fri afternoon day before yours . JUST us two going so you might be needed on beach on day rather than just peekin through palm trees . We fly out sun before so you will see me doing sun dance all week ,really wanted to do three weeks but TC would only do fortnight ... jeanette n shaun xx

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RDCC Wedding 2012

Yes we booked Paul on the morning of the wedding. The photos were fantastic and I could not have asked for a nicer person to do them for us.

Made me laugh when he arrived with his paparazzi style jacket though!!!! but he was fantastic and I was more than happy with the pictures.

He delivered them to our room the next day!!! together with a CD full of photos too.

I think you will be happy with Paul from Joey's photo studio. When you are there Diane will arrange all this for you and Paul will come have a chat with you and discuss packages that he offers.

He is a great guy.