We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jamaica Time Zone

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
7 posts
Save Topic
Jamaica Time Zone

This may be a silly question, but can anyone confirm what time zone Jamaica (and more importantly Montego Bay) is in?

I ask because we received the itinerary for our upcoming vacation, and Jamaica appears to be on CST... but I always thought it was EST because of its proximity to our East Coast (United States).

Thanks,

Luke

babylon
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jamaica Time Zone

most of the time Jamaica is on EST...however, when we "spring ahead", they don't...

Wisconsin
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jamaica Time Zone

That makes sense! We honeymooned in Negril a few years back (in the winter), and I thought the local time was EST.

So I'm not crazy! Thanks for the help.

Luke

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jamaica Time Zone

Not a silly question, and for British / European readers:

Jamaica is on GMT + 5 hours. When the UK switches to British Summer Time, Jamaica is GMT + 6.

Jamaica had 'Daylight Saving Time' for an experimental period but didn't keep it. (Rumour has it that some folk didn't get around to putting their clocks forward until it was actually time to put them back LOL. Soon come.)

4. Re: Jamaica Time Zone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 30, 2009