We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Club Ambience closed?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Is Club Ambience closed?

Hi,

There doesnt appear to be any reviews on tripadvisor or any other reviews site since August.

Is it closed or are visitors being particularly shy?

terry

charlotte
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Club Ambience closed?

hello - we were just in jamaica last week and did not stay at club ambience, but dropped some other guests off there coming from the airport. it is open.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
821 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Club Ambience closed?

WE stayed last week at the Sunset Jamaica Grande and last Tuesday, Sept 13 we picked up people on the way to the airport from there. Didn't look like my cup of tea, but to each his own...

charlotte
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Club Ambience closed?

i agree with nomadicsoul. did not look like a spectacular place to stay from the lobby/entrance area. may be better inside though.

Mattituck, NY
Level Contributor
847 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Club Ambience closed?

We stay down the road from CA, and share a bus to the airport. The people coming from there just love it! The people we have riden the bus can't stop giving it praise. It really peaks my curiosity, and the prices cannot be beat.

NJ
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Club Ambience closed?

Club Ambiance is nothing to look at from the outside. A number of years ago we stayed at Enchanted Garden and the bus we were on dropped some people off at CA. If you looked past the entrance, it seemed pretty pleasant. After reading reviews here at Trip Advisor, we decided to go, and we love it.

If you want a long beach for walking, it's not for you. But we like to relax, sit on our balcony, drink coffee or juice, read a book, look out at the sea, do some swimming, play some ping-pong, eat good Jamaican food, and just hang out.

Club Ambiance has pleasant-enough rooms, they get a nice crowd, have a great staff, and everything works. Good food, good drinks, laid-back, very casual atmosphere....what's not to like?

wales
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Club Ambience closed?

thanks for the info, we are off there in 11days (and counting!)

NJ
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Club Ambience closed?

We're going on Saturday (9/24). I'll post a report when we get back.