We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which garden view cottage at decameron?

germany
1 post
Save Topic
which garden view cottage at decameron?

hi all,

i will travel to jamaica on saturday. i heard a lot of great stuff about that hotel.doas anyboby know what are the best (room numbers) garden view cottages?

is it an good idea to upgrade to an suite?

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which garden view cottage at decameron?

Greetings and welcome,

Personally, the only thing I don't like about Royal Decameron Runaway Bay is the beach. Not that it's that bad, but I have been spoilt in Jamaica over the years. The rest of the property is very nice. DEFINATELY eat in both of the a la carte restaurants.

As far as the suites go, I much prefer the style and setting of the bungalows myself. The suites are all housed in a 3 or 4 story block of rooms and although larger, I prefer the individual cottages.

The resort itself is divided into two sides where all the cottages are, and then a central area where the pool, bars, restaurant, lobby etc, is. Personally, I MUCH PREFER the EAST side of the resort for the GARDEN VIEW cottages. The entire area is much more lush and the foliage is more mature. This is also the side where the wedding gazebo and adult pool is. Another one of the reasons I like that side better for gardenview is because all the rooms are spread out in two rows parallel to the ocean so the gardenview rooms are still very close to the beach. On the west side the rooms are rowed perpendicular and most of the gardenview rooms are further back. It is also not as "pretty" on that side. If you are in a BEACHFRONT bungalow however, they are nicer on the west side.

Sorry I cannot remember the room numbers. If I remember right, two digits is better than three.

When you see Anne ( the wedding coordinator ) please tell her that her friend Steve from Canada sends his blessings.

Blessings and respect to you, Emjoy Jamaica!

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean