We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

San Diego
3 posts
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

I have reservations for mid-October. Does anyone know if the resort is still in good condition after the hurricanes? Are the buildings still without damage? Is there electricity, and hot water? I usually get a beach-front cottage. Are they undamaged?

Thanks!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Make sure you take an alarm clock! I hated not knowing what time it is, since I left my cell at home, and I don't wear a watch, that was a problem. I went to the gift shop and bought some $10 piece of crap watch that didn't even work. If you need ANYTHING, ask for Carl. He'll hook you up. He is off on Sunday and Monday.

Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Hi johnny, thank for all the helpful websites to visit. My husband and I want to get a cab for the day and go to either Port Antonio or Negril, we have been to the island before so we dont want to really do the tourist attractions, but we love to see the great scenery and meet the wonderful locals, any suggestion? Thanks for all the help. 10 days to go!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Dear Kellyrene, The difference between Negril and Pt Antonio is like night and day. Negril has a natural 7 mile beach and all the rest is man made. The citizens make Negril to be a special place. Pt Antonio is all natural beauty. The mayor refuses to allow any large hotel chains in there to build anything over three stories high. So it is a completely different concept of tourism. The new and modern catering to the young masses.

The old and stalwart, almost colonial style, catering to the select travellers who want something special. You will not even see the tip of the iceberg in one days visit. You will only feel frustrated at not having allowed yourself more time.

Anyway, Here are some sites to look through. ENJOY!

The only part on the island with a natural rain forest is called Conservation Corridor. Located in Port Antonio.

You will have fun discovering how many celebrities have homes or cottages or vacation here several times a year.

PORT ANTONIO....

www.portantoniojamaica.com/where-we-are.html An exact map.

visitjamaica.com/resorts/port/default.aspx

www.Villasinjamaica.com

= lovely overview of places in Pt .Antonio

virtourist.com/america/…index.html

www.Hotelmockingbirdhill.com

www.moonsanvilla.com/specification.htm

http://www.jamaicapalace.com/ A real Palace in Pt Antonio.

http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/19db8c/4/ Real trip reports + photos. The Blue Lagoon, www.bluelagoonvacations.com/index.shtml

Rafting on the Rio Grande, Here is the most interesting article.

jamaicans.com/tourist/…portantonioDoSee.htm

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Hello again Kellyrene, Here is what I have on Negril. It makes for a lot of reading. Just like on my previous post I have selected what I consider to be the major points of interest OR the sites that can best describe either place. Load yourself with patience and have fun searching and reading. I already did most of the work for you. Finding these sites. Now all you have to do is read and enjoy them.

NEGRIL

jamaicaconnection.com Everything for Negril.

jamaicanegril.com another site on Negril

jamaicanadventuretravel.com = Hotel Lost Beach Adventure Travel

negriljamaica.com = Typical site for things in Jamaica.

negriltoday.com another site by Rasta John (nirvananegril.com)

Bloody Bay officeofnature.com Best Lobsters and handmade crafts.

forrealbeachresort.com

travellersbeachresort.com nice hotel with bungalows

http://www.barbbarn.com

advertised on go-jamaica with weddings

NEGRIL BARS

Alfreds - Tuesday, Friday & Sunday

Bourbon Beach - Monday, Thursday & Saturday

Risky Business - same as Bourbon Beach

Roots Bamboo - Wednesday & Sunday

margaritavillecaribbean.com/locations_negril…

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

The daytime female bartender at the main bar is about as friendly as a rattlesnake. I had heard she wasn't friendly, and I learned first hand how true that is. Don't tip her, it doesn't matter if you do or not, you still get the same shitty service from HER. She'd rather wipe off the counter than get you a drink!

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Hello Holly. WOW!!! The rattlesnake really did leave her venom in you. Sorry to hear. Please try never to let one person spoil it for you. Life is too short to let this happen.

Like they preach in JAM. Dont make a major out of a minor.