We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about RDCC

Chicago
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Question about RDCC

Very few posts are on the site. Has anyone been to RDCC in Runaway Bay recently? I am beginning to wonder if we will be the only ones there Septemebr 2-5.

liverpool
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about RDCC

Hello there Mollieshad.

I am going to RDCC on 8th September, so will just miss you. Going with my husband for one week.

Not looking foward to flying for 10 hours. We are just hoping we don't get sent anywhere else when we get there.

Have a great time.

Chicago
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about RDCC

Don't worry about being bumped. I was at the same resort during spring break. WE arrived very late at night and had no trouble getting our room. While there we only had one group get bumped. They volunteered to go just to see the other resort. They did not over book the resort. There was a couple that decided to stay longer. When the others volunteered to be bumped they were able to stay.

I will try to post an update for you as soon as I return. We are returning to this resort because we had such a relaxing and fun filled time during our last visit.

Cheers

17 more sleeps.

Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about RDCC

Just returned from a week at RDCC and had a perfect time. Weather was perfect, trade winds beautiful, water clear, snorkeling crystal, food very nice, cottages charming, staff very great, gardens impressive, drinks cold and plentiful. Is there anything particular you'd like to know? Peace, Beach

Phoenix
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about RDCC

Mollieshad - I really don't mean to put on damper on things...just thought I'd mention that when staff says "someone decided to stay longer than expected" what they really mean is "we overbooked ourselves". I've worked in the hotel industry for &$ years, and still do, and this is the most common phrase we use. Think about it - If you were standing at the checkin desk of any hotel, and we tell you we have to move you to another hotel because "someone decided to stay longer than expected", wouldn't you be just a smidge less angry than if we came right out and told you "we overbooked ourselves and you are the lucky person who we decided to bump to another hotel". Just a little inside secret!

SMILES!

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about RDCC

Actually, you are right to some degree, but I don't think that is the case in the situation Mollie is reffering to. This was not a "Sandals-like bumping" ... This was voluntary.

There were a couple of very busy months there a few months back when they were running some great prices, but this resort is very rarely at 100%...

Blessings and respect to all.

Steve