We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude Beach at BRB ...any updates?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KMF24
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Topic
Nude Beach at BRB ...any updates?

We really want to go back to BRB to see our friends there is just one small thing that is missing...the nude beach. The one they had was perfect. It was small, there was a little self serve bar; It had a nice vibe about it...It was beautiful beach now there is a big slab of concrete that it appears no one ever uses. Has anyone heard if the nude beach reopened or if it ever will reopen? At one time I heard they were going to move it to the other end of the beach. If someone where to tell me it's there we'd book today. That's how much we love it at Breezes, Runaway Bay!

Vermont
Level Contributor
517 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude Beach at BRB ...any updates?

Just got back from BRB and sorry to report that there is no new nude beach nor is there any indication that there will be. Can't imagine they'd ever put it at the other end of the beach where the watersports stuff is............

Maryland
Level Contributor
987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude Beach at BRB ...any updates?

The nude beach went away when the resort was renovated. It will not return. Unless something has changed, you can get a free pass to visit Hedo3 right down the road to get your nude fix.

We visited BRB for many years, but have only been back to visit for a few hours since the nude beach was closed. A 3 story building is in its place.

KMF24
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude Beach at BRB ...any updates?

It's such a shame. We tried Hedo and it's not for us; it's a little too over the top. BRB was perfect. Oh well, we might actually try Club Ambiance next year and maybe do a day/night pass to BRB. Thanks everyone!

Sayreville, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude Beach at BRB ...any updates?

You might try Couples Resorts - We honeymooned at Couples Negril, there is a little Nude Beach there with a little bar and hot tub. It was our first foray into nude beaches, we're addicted now. I know that Couples San Souci and the new Couples Tower Isle have nude beaches as well, but I can't speak for them - I've never been there. Downside is all Couples resorts are pretty pricey.

We're trying Hedo II in a couples months and have some reservations about how "over the top" it might be, as well. We figure we can always avoid the "action" if it's too crazy for us. We considered Club Ambiance but it looked too laid back.

Good luck!

Maryland
Level Contributor
987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude Beach at BRB ...any updates?

Grand Lido Braco is not far from BRB. It has the best nude facilities in Jamaica.

6. Re: Nude Beach at BRB ...any updates?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 16, 2009