We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money on Jamaica?

Den Bosch, The...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Money on Jamaica?

Hello everybody, I'm David from The Netherlands and I'm going Runaway Bay (Royal Decameron) for Christmas! Hope my English is good enough for you to understand ;-)

Anyway, maybe you can help me with a question I have: in Europe we use Euro's for money, but on Jamaica there's the Jamaican dollar. Is it possible for us to get money at a local bank overthere, you know, through an ATM? In Holland we call it "pinnen", getting money with my card from a machine in the wall...

I don't have a creditcard, so an other option will be using Traveller cheques. I don't know what's the best thing to do!!!Hope you can give me some advise on this topic!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
ATL GA Area
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Money on Jamaica?

David, I don't think you will have any problems using your bank card in Jamaica. I am in the US but mine works fine in the Netherlands and in Jamaica.

There is a machine near the the RDDC out the gate a bit and to the left.

It would be a good idea to have a back up plan though... I ALWAYS have a "Plan B."

By the way, your English great.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
ATL GA Area
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Money on Jamaica?

Sorry, I meant the machine is to the right past the stores.

Have fun!