We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Margarittaville

Eureka, MO
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Margarittaville

I think I read this hear that from Starfish that on Friday night they will shuttle you free to Margarittaville.

Does anyone know about this?

If it is true, is it the one in Montego Bay?

Also is there a charge to get into Margarittaville?

Thanks,

Donna

(10 more days to go)

Hampton, Minnesota
Level Contributor
571 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Margarittaville

Donna..it may be possible..but I'm sure it would be the Margaritaville in Ocho Rios...which I have been to and it is fun!! Spendy though! Bring your swim suit..they have an indoor water slide. It's very nice..but again..very spendy!!

Have fun

Angel

Caribbean
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Margarittaville

I believe Starfish Trelawny is closer to Montego Bay and therefore would provide shuttle service to the Margaritaville in Montego Bay. Entry on Friday nights is free.

www.margaritavillecaribbean.com

Cheers!

Eureka, MO
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Margarittaville

Thanks,

I did go to the website and downloaded the menu's for the girls so they do know the prices. The food prices are not too bad and as for the prices of drinks, yes they are high but if you only have a couple of drinks it's not too bad.

Looks like you could have a Cheeseburger in Paradise with Fries for $8.75 and add a cold draft for $2.00 which is not bad at all.

The drinks in souvenir glasses are high but you are paying for the souvenir.

Looks like all the rest of the drinks are between 6.50 and 7.25 a drink.

I just was wondering if they shuttle you there free on Friday nights from Starfish.

If anyone knows let me know.

thanks,

Donna

Caribbean
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Margarittaville

Yes Donna...the shuttle is free.

Eureka, MO
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Margarittaville

Thanks

Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Margarittaville

From their web site:

"Most major credit cards are accepted and a complimentary shuttle service for dinner is available on request to hotel guests in the Montego Bay area, east to Starfish Trelawny resort and west to Round Hill Villas. "

Eureka, MO
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Margarittaville

Thanks,

We are planning on having dinner there and a few drinks not alot. I quess when we get there the hotel will let us know.

Only 6 more day!!!

Can't wait.

Thanks again,

Donna

dutch harbor alaska
Level Contributor
41 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Margarittaville

I stayed at the Starfish in April/May. The shuttle that goes from the hotel will be takin you to the Margarittaville in Montego Bay, which is about a 45 minute drive. We were charged $15.00us but that included the shuttle and the cover charge to get in. Also, as mentioned it is a little expensive, but I am used to that where I am from so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Lewes,De
Level Contributor
164 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Margarittaville

Given the choice I would go to Margaritaville in Mo Bay. It's got a beautiful waterview and I've found the staff to be much more laidback. With the cruise ships right there the one in Ocho Rios is much more touristy and hectic. I personally felt the food was much better in MoBay. Dave

Eureka, MO
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Margarittaville

Manytravels---what day of the week did you go. I heard on this forum that it is not advertised but at Starfish on Friday night the shuttle is free and admission.

Was I imagining this or can someone confirm this?

thanks,

Donna

(4 more days to go)