We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cash, visa, travel checks at rdcc?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wi
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cash, visa, travel checks at rdcc?

cash,visa card, or traveler checks at rdcc. can you use visa to pay for the side trips you book at the resort like dunn's falls ect?also heard that traveler checks are sometime hard to use? any suggestions on what to take along going june11-18.

thank you for any info

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cash, visa, travel checks at rdcc?

We used visa to pay for all our trips with no problems. Used cash to pay for everything else.

wi
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cash, visa, travel checks at rdcc?

thanks for info vix

Atlanta, GA
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cash, visa, travel checks at rdcc?

I just returned from RDCC. I used my Visa debit card to pay for most everything in Jamaica with no problem. I did pull cash out of an ATM in Ochos Rios and it there was a $6.00 charge to do that, but the resort widely accepts most credit cards. I wouldn't take travelers checks to Jamaica. I think they'd be hard to use and the US dollar is widely accepted....it's actually preferred.

wi
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cash, visa, travel checks at rdcc?

thanks sam

Arkansas
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cash, visa, travel checks at rdcc?

Hello Gumpy~ We just returned from the RDCC this past Sat., and what a vacation!! We took cash, preferred by most, used my VISA in the local grocery and on the resort. Found that in order to cash in travelers checks you would have to make a run into Ocho Rios.

wi
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: cash, visa, travel checks at rdcc?

thanks for info sarong