We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of trip to Glistening Bay fro Breezes Runaway Bay?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Cost of trip to Glistening Bay fro Breezes Runaway Bay?

Can anyone give me info as to the total cost per person for this including travel and boat ride? Also, does to glowing phenomenon happen year round or is this a seasonal thing from the bacteria?

Thanks and regards,

Annie

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of trip to Glistening Bay fro Breezes Runaway Bay?

I belive it is a year round thingy.

I would hire a driver and make a full day tour to Mo Bay, Ochi and on the way back at night catch Glistening Waters just outside Falmouth. Best to go on a night with little or no moon or a cloudy night to see it at its best.

Enjoy!!!

Eureka, MO
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of trip to Glistening Bay fro Breezes Runaway Bay?

The hotter it is during the day, the more the water will glow at night. The water is only 3 feet deep and very warm, they said the cove goes out to 8 feet and in the summer when it is even hotter the whole cove will glow. The driver of our boat told us that there were 3 manatees in the cove now. We just went at the beginning of April.

I am not sure how much the admission is to Glistening waters if you go by cab. But we came from RDCC and it was $30 each for the bus ride, a rum punch (included) & the boat ride.

You have to get in the water and make sure you put bug lotion on before you get there.

If you have anyother questions let me know.

Thanks,

Donna