We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Nightlife

I’ll be in traveling the first week of May for my birthday. Any fun nightlife recommendations.Im staying at the Luxury Bahia Princple resort. Just curious if we should rent a car. We are a adventurers and don’t care for guided tours

7 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Nightlife

There's nothing within walking distance of Bahia as it's right on the edge of Runaway Bay. For local bars you'd need to get a cab to Discovery Bay or Salem way (but these are all just local bars, but some can get lively). For more night clubby type vibe, you'd have to go to Ocho Rios.

If you know the area it's ok to get a car, but not recommended for the light hearted, and be cautious at night. Not necessarily unsafe for being out in the car, it's just Jamaican drivers lol :)

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Nightlife

Thank you !!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
13,338 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Nightlife

To emphasize post 1, this is a satellite image of where that mega-resort is located. Because of its size, it had to build away from anything.

wikimapia.org/…b

1 post
4. Re: Nightlife

I'm staying at this resort in Dec.,how did you like it? Also, were you able to experience any of the nightlife?

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Nightlife

How much is a cab to the nightlife if needed me and my friend on our very first girlie holiday to Jamaica. What a start hey. We'll it has taken 20 od years to sort it.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Nightlife

It depends what you mean by 'nightlife'. Do you want local bars where you can meet local people, listen to some sounds etc, or are you looking for more 'touristy' places such as Margaritaville?

london
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
7. Re: Nightlife

There is Just 1 More bar located on Main Street, Salem..great vibes night or day ! Check their facebook/ Instagram for details :)

Reply to: Nightlife
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted