We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe Pick up time for return home

canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bahia Principe Pick up time for return home

Hi

I can't help but ask..we are on the air transat flight from Calgary leaving Friday night at 10:30 pm getting there at like 5 am. So my question is for those of you who have taken the flight coming home the flight leaves Jamaica at 7:15 or something like that in the morning....what time do they pick you up at the airport to catch your flight home?

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Newmarket, Ontario
Level Contributor
154 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe Pick up time for return home

Hey Ma

Transat has a room at the hotel with all these times listed on a board.

It is updated daily in case of weather or routing issues.

They will tell you what time to be where. It changes all the time so keep an eye on that board, and the Transat ladies are around all the time, they are also staying at the hotel.

Going home;

it takes roughly 1.5 hours in the bus between the airport and the GBP.

The airports like to see you 2-3 hours early...some easy math tells me you are either pulling an allnighter or getting up bloody early.

Coming to Jamaica;

You should be at your airport for 8pm, then 5.5 in the plane, then 1.5 to the hotel. roughly.

Oh, and, um, they pick you up at the hotel, not the airport.

Cheers,

NetwerkinGuy

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe Pick up time for return home

obviously double check with your transat rep, but we had a 7:15am flight too...

and we left the hotel at 4am.

check out time was 3am and we were loaded on the bus by 3:45am

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe Pick up time for return home

Prepare for the airport to NOT BE OPEN when you get there. Bring bottled drinks from the hotel because there is a long period of time when you can't purchase any beverages. Don't leave any shopping for the airport because the shops don't open until you should be boarding the plane. I'm guessing you are going through Transat. Their times are kind of inconvenient.

canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Principe Pick up time for return home

Thanks everyone for your help...3 sleeps to go and yes Netwerking Guy I meant what time do they pick you up at the hotel to go to the airport.....

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Principe Pick up time for return home

Does anyone know what time the stores in the airport actually open? I looked at the airport's webpage, but didn't see the hours posted. I too will be there early on my return home, think flight is around 9:30 am (although like mabear I am also leaving from Calgary on a Fri at 10:30 pm and going to GBP, but my return seems different?). I had planned to buy some things at the airport on the way home, like rum. I hadn't thought about the stores not being open yet before I leave! If I won't be able to go to the stores at the airport, does anyone recommend somewhere else with good prices? I liked the airport idea because then I would just be able to carry everything on that I buy, oh well....

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Principe Pick up time for return home

PLUS, I forgot it is Easter Sunday when I come home, so I probably shouldn't really count on ANYTHING being open, should I?

7. Re: Bahia Principe Pick up time for return home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 27, 2009