We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around from CA?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester (U.K)
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting around from CA?

Hi All,

Can anyone give me tips on places to go while in Jamacia and also advice on traveling around from Club Ambiance as me and my gf are looking to vist Mbay and Neg so would like to know how easy or hard it is to get there.

Regards

D

Maple Shade, New...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around from CA?

You are a distance from Negril and would suggest taking a tour with one of the companies offered at your resort in order to accomplish this. You may want to consider a day trip to Ochos Rios along with Dunns Falls and shopping. There is a tour that offers this day trip and is lots of fun. The shopping in Ochi is fabulous and Dunns Falls is a definite for a first timer.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around from CA?

Hi D. What sort of things do you like doing, then we can give you some suggestions!

As for getting around i always use a driver rather than go on the tours from the hotel. If you go on the Ochi trip from the hotel you only get 2 hours there, not very long really. I personally believe your always on a time limit with tours, thats why I hire a driver then i come and go as i please, if you want to go to Negril for the day, he drops you off you go do whatever you want and he's still waiiting when you return. If you go out to party he takes you and waits till your ready to go home, no matter what time that is.

If you want he's details you can email me for them, hes excellent and very reliable, he is registered with the Jamaican Tourist Board drives a 7 seater air conditioned bus so your sure of a comfortable journey. As you may or not no the roads in Jamaica are shocking!!!

When are you going? Whenever it is at least the sun will be shining unlike here in Brum and with you in Manc.

kall001@hotmail.com

3. Re: Getting around from CA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, August 26, 2009