We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming & snorkeling at Zion Country

Boston...
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
swimming & snorkeling at Zion Country

Greetings, Jamaicaphiles. Has anybody been to Zion Country Cabins near Manchioneal recently? If so, how is the swimming on the little beach there? how about the snorkeling? I'll be going there in December with my daughter, who will probably want to leave the water only to sleep or eat. We plan on making day trips to Reach Falls, Winnifred Beach, maybe some others as well. But there's something nice about swimming where you're staying. Any thoughts? Any other advice/ recommendations having to do with Zion Country or surrounding area would be welcomed. Thanks!

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swimming & snorkeling at Zion Country

I don't know about Zion Country--but I wanted to say that I feel the same about swimming and the places you stay to do so........

For me --staying in the water to swim happens at Little Bay on the south coast.

Boston...
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swimming & snorkeling at Zion Country

Little Bay, you say? I will definitely look into that. Thanks!

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swimming & snorkeling at Zion Country

There are several real nice places in Little Bay.....but I suggest you try Little Bay Cabins....This location is very near the reef and easy to swim out to . They also offer free Kayaks.

You will need a driver there from Airport-----" -Joe Cool " goes down to little Bay.

http://www.littlebaycabins.com/

You sound like a seasoned Traveler---if you are you could walk around some there...but this spot is really out of the way and there is no real built up location to walk to ....Only some corner store like places.

Another place you may want to look into is in the Treasure Island Area. This place is called PON DE ROCK. Nice reasonable cost. ....and a bike away are restaurants and stuff. Waters filled with marine Animals.

www.ponderock.com/english/ponderock_e.htm

Boston...
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: swimming & snorkeling at Zion Country

Okay, cool. Thanks again! Going to look into Little Bay Cabins right now. Pon De Rock too. Both sound like what I'm looking for. Enjoy your next trip, wherever it may be.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,110 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: swimming & snorkeling at Zion Country

I've been BY Zion Country but not stayed there. There are a couple of people on this forum who have, though, so hopefully they'll come by. The bay is pretty and i understand manatees visit from time to time. It's in an area with a TON to do, numerous waterfalls, beaches, rivers, mountains, hiking, etc. The only negative to me about it is the bathrooms are separate structures from the sleeping cabins.

I think wanttotrav is recommending Treasure BEACH on the south coast. Lots of info on that area, which is right up there with Portland tied for favorite for me, at treasurebeach.net and treasuretours.info .

6. Re: swimming & snorkeling at Zion Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Port Antonio