We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Trip to Jamaica - Port Antonio or Negril

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
666 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
1st Trip to Jamaica - Port Antonio or Negril

Hello- My BF and I are trying to decide where to go for a Caribbean vacation next year (probably April). He thinks he wants to try something all-inclusive (food and drinks anyway), I'm not so sure that's our kind of vacation. We both have been to Mexico many times non-AI. We are in our early 40s so relaxing on a nice quiet beach would fit the bill. We do like outdoor activities - hiking and biking mostly. I was looking at Wilks Bay near Port Antonio or Sunsetat the Palms in Negril. Wilks Bay includes the cook and we could have the fridge stocked so I'm leaning that way. I'm just wondering what all there is to do near Port Antonio. I'm also hoping that Port Antonio might be a more authentic experience.

I know people who have been to Negril, and some loved it and some complained about the number of people trying to sell things. Any help would be most appreciated.

Nampa, Idaho
Level Contributor
850 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 1st Trip to Jamaica - Port Antonio or Negril

Which Villa did you decide on?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
666 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 1st Trip to Jamaica - Port Antonio or Negril

We are going to go with Wilks Bay, although we still may book an AI for the last few nights closer to Montego Bay as we're extending the trip by a few days.

Not sure on the AI yet. Love the Jamaica Inn but may end up going with Couples San Souci instead.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,145 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 1st Trip to Jamaica - Port Antonio or Negril

Sounds like an amazing vacation to me, with Wilks Bay and either of those hotels at the end. Please come back and tell us how it was!

14. Re: 1st Trip to Jamaica - Port Antonio or Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 10, 2012