We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned

jx2
Oregon
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned

Great weather, great people. Very slow everywhere we went from Long Bay to Mo Bay. Hopes are high for the tourist season to pick things up a bit. We will return next year for sure.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned

thanks for sharing, where did you stay? what attractions did you take in? how's the roads?

Chelle

jx2
Oregon
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned

We stayed at Crystal cove (Blue Lagoon) visited Goblin Hill, because if you rent Crystal Cove you can use all the amenities at Goblin Hill. Goblin Hill owner owns Crystal Cove Villa. We didn't do any major attractions this trip. We rented a car and just cruised around visiting rum bars, beaches and visiting with the locals.

Road all the way to Porty was excellent. From Porty to Long Bay the road wasn't too bad at all.

Frenchmans cove was beautiful as was Boston Bay. We kayaked From San San to the Blue Lagoon quite a bit and were the only ones out most days. Talk about tranquility :).

I'll try to post some pic's when i get time.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
639 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned

thanks for reporting back!! busy season should pick up soon i hope for them :)

good to see you rented a car; i find when you drive around that area it's not that hard to do. if you don't mind me asking, from where you rented it and how the process was?

great quick pre-report. can't wait to see your pics.

jx2
Oregon
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned

Driving around Portland was no problem. It was so nice to just be able to go anywhere you wanted at any time.

We initially stayed in Runaway Bay where we had the car delivered by Island Car Rentals. It was no problem at all. We drove to Porty and had the car the entire time while in Portland. We drove back to Ochi to be closer to the airport for the last 2 days. Island Car Rentals picked up the car there and were promptly on time for both the drop-off and pick-up. We had made all the car reservations by e-mail and phone prior to our trip. We will rent a car next trip also.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
639 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned

Awesome! We will arrive through Mobay this time and leave from Kingston, so we might do the same kinda thing.. we might have to check on the car rentals around portland (just get a driver to bring us there from the west coast.)

thanks!

jx2
Oregon
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned

Bighouse , Island car rental only has offices in kingston and Mo Bay So you could pick up at Mo Bay and drop off at Kingston. This would make it so you wouldn't have to pay any drop-off or pick-up fees. I would recommend Island Car Rentals, as i have heard many other happy customers of theirs also. We had a Suzuki Jimmy with 4wd, but we never needed it.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
639 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned

great info, i really appreciate this!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned

I agree Island Car Rentals is a really good operation. One year on my way to Portie from MoBay the bearings went in the front wheels (must have been all the potholes at the time). They delivered a replacement car to me at Goblin Hill from Kingston on the same day.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned

HI,

How long did it take you to drive from Port Antonio to Ocho Rios?

We are thinking of a day trip there from Ochi next year.

Thanks!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,145 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned

Nowadays not much more than 2 hours I'd say, the new highway is smooth and wide.