We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide/Driver Recommendations

Chicago
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Guide/Driver Recommendations

I will be staying at Norse Point this December for my first trip to PA. While I have a regular driver/guide that I have used for years in Negril, I have nobody for PA. Can anybody suggest a reliable driver? We're likely flying into PA so don't need a pick-up in Mo Bay but would want someone for a couple of day trips, etc.

Thanks!

kingston
Level Contributor
616 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide/Driver Recommendations

Sorry, to get to Port Antonio you either need to fly into Kingston or Montego Bay. I know there is talk of fixing the aerodrome near Port Antonio, but i dont think they have started yet. Even then I dont know if they could do international flights.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide/Driver Recommendations

yup... i'm pretty sure that unless you copter into Blue Lagoon (if they let you, i know there's a helipad there) you will be stuck flying into one of the major airports...

as for a driver, i'd recommend warren, do a search on these forums for his info and others who also recommend him... he's great

Chelle

Chicago
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide/Driver Recommendations

I would defiantly email Warren or Kemar, I highly recommend them, I have been using them for years. Two of the greatest guys I know. They go out of there way to accommodate you. They can pick you up at either airport, but I recommend Kingston, you'll spend more time on the beach then in the car traveling... You can email them at: kwtc@cwjamaica.com or wgam84@yahoo.com

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
33 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide/Driver Recommendations

Agreed on Warren!! He was our driver every day for a week last March plus Montego Bay airport transfers and he was great. Met Kemar and he's nice, too.

Chicago
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide/Driver Recommendations

I will get in touch with Warren. Thanks to all!

6. Re: Guide/Driver Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:30 am, April 21, 2008
New York, NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide/Driver Recommendations

We'll be in Negril May 26-29 and would love to have a driver recommendation, CuriousaboutPA... Who is your Negril driver?

Thanks,

Andrew

Chicago
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guide/Driver Recommendations

His name is James and his family is associated with the Bar-B-Barn. I didn't stay there but had him pick us up and drop us off at the airport as well as take us to Mayfield Falls. He's from the area near the falls and can take you to some out of the way places.

I don't think he has e-mail but his cell phone is 876/399-6573. If you contact him, tell him that Ed and Kathy from Chicago referred you to him.

9. Re: Guide/Driver Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Port Antonio