We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay of these

Ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay of these

We are planning a special anniversary on 7 mile beach, We are considering:

Charela Inn

Rondel Village

Coco La Palm

Which is the most laid back place for us to stay?

Ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay of these

Thanks all for your messages. My very first post drew recommendations for Charela Inn for their balconies. Then as we looked at them to book we were thinking that the restauruant/bar might be a little fancier/expensive than what we had in mind. I know there are other places all around to eat/drink, but were considering if we hung on the hotels beach and take advantage of their food/drink service all day might get rather expensive, to say nothing of the dress code thing. That's when we started looking at the other two (looking for a place with a pool). With that in mind would Rondel's bechfront room (the one's above the villa's) or Coco's upstairs suite be our best option?

Saginaw, Michigan
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay of these

I stayed at Rondel in February in one of the beachfront upstair Superior rooms...We loved it there, very nice clean room with fridge and veranda...can't go wrong in my oppinion.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,917 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay of these

Rondel has a good restaurant, reasonably priced, good food, drinks used to be among the cheapest on the beach, not sure if that's still true but worst case, they're average price. Good bartenders that have been there for years, too.

At Rondel you have either a fridge or a full kitchen so can bring a small cooler to the beach with you if you like beer or soda...the bar makes great frozen drinks :)

White Sands, close to all 3 of your choices, has nice 2-for-1 drink specials every day too.

I'll say again that all 3 are close to lots of options for dinner nad drinks, you won't need to put on shoes to eat at most of them.

Level Contributor
516 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to stay of these

woo hoo in 16 weeks (only 113 days) we will be at Rondel Village. I'm getting excited but trying not to dwell on it so time doesnt drag. Our list of extras to bring to make our vacation wonderful include a coffee bean grinder, drink mugs, a pop up sun shade, inflatable rafts for the ocean, gifts for staff who we know will be wonderful, and some newbies (our kids and my parents) to introduce to the island. AH Christmas in Jamaica! :-)

15. Re: Where to stay of these

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 18, 2009