We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for where to stay in Negril

Vermont
3 posts
Save Topic
Ideas for where to stay in Negril

My husband and I are in the process of planning a vacation to Negril next month. We are having a hard time deciding on where to stay. We haven't been to Negril since the early 70's and a lot has changed. Some places we are looking at are Negril Gardens, Legends, Nirvana, White Sands, Idle Awhile.

We would appreciate any suggestions! I have found forums like this invaluable in planning trips and finding out information. Thanks. Barbara

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for where to stay in Negril

Hi Barbara, you will pleasantly surprised to find out that although a lot has changed over the years in Negril, you will still recognize some of it's eternal magic and charm.

In answer to your question, there are so many great choices, it really has a lot to do with what your own concept of what "Paradise" is and what sort of things are important to you in a resort...

I see you mention Negril Gardens, I would highly recommend you also take a peek at the Negril CABINS. ( they recently changed names to Sunset at the Palms )

They were the worlds first Green Globe Certified resort and are situated in a beautiful and lush preserved area. The rooms themselves are "tree houses" and the entire resort has a natural beauty to behold. They are also on the finest beach in all of Jamaica.

I believe they still offer both an A/I and non A/I plan.

You are sure to enjoy Negril, regardless of where you stay.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
645 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for where to stay in Negril

Barbara, Idle Awhile is a beautiful small hotel located right in the middle of Negril's 7 mile beach. Highly recommend! It can be difficult to find a vacancy there, but that would my first choice of the hotels you're considering. Nirvana is also nice and is located close to many of the beach bars which have live music at night.

One you might want to take a look at is Coco la Palm --- right next door to Idle Awhile. Very lovely property with one of the nicest and most helpful staffs in Negril.

You will find Negril greatly changed from your last visit, but you should have a wonderful time discovering all the new restaurants, beach bars, and hotels that now span the entire length of the beach.

Have fun and enjoy!

Illinois
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for where to stay in Negril

Hi Barbara...

We're big Legends fans :) Nice rooms, nothing too fancy but kept very clean! 2 swimming pools, bar (Daily Sunset Happy Hour) & restaurant. Great beach location...close to nightlife, restaurants, bars, shopping. Added bonus is, FREE shuttle to their "sister" property, SamSara...great snorkeling & sunsets, too!

Have fun deciding :)