We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how is the beach in negril???

Halifax
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
how is the beach in negril???

Just wondering how nice the beach in negril is. Pictures always seem so nice on brochures and on websites.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how is the beach in negril???

Hey J&J! The Negril 7-mile stretch of beach, I believe, is among the top three in Jamaica (I think because it's so long and the sand is so soft)! But I know what you mean about the brochures thing. I notice that really early in the morning, when the sun has just come out, the water is undisturbed, so it looks just like it is in the brochures. Negril has beautiful beaches - day or night...fantastic!

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: how is the beach in negril???

In my opinion Negril has the best beach on the island!!! And trust me I have been to quite a few.

Adams...
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how is the beach in negril???

I agree.

I think Negril has the best beaches.

The sand is like sugar (real fine)

Everyone raves about Doctors Cave Beach but I don't think it can hold a candle to Negril's beaches. The sand there is much courser.

Sicklerville, NJ
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how is the beach in negril???

The beach is fantastic and the water... crystal clear like bath water.

To sit on the beach in Negril and to be in the water, is to live the brochure, in my opinion. I hope you will get to experience it. We're going back in April for our third time.

Tampa Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: how is the beach in negril???

The sunsets are the best too!. Sitting on the beach enjoying a RedStripe and watching sun sink below the waves is visiting Ja at it's best.

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how is the beach in negril???

The beach in Negril is great. The water is crystal clear and the sand is sugar white and very soft. The scenery is wonderful.

Enjoy!

Lexx

Illinois
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how is the beach in negril???

Bring an air-mattress with, for floating in that crystal-clear water :) It's the BEST!