We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excursions

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids, MI
12 posts
Save Topic
excursions

We will be staying at Couples Negril at the end of this month and was wondering if anyone had any input on excursions that are not too expensive but fun. Active is good, drinks are good too.....any suggestions??

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excursions

Snorkeling or sunset booze cruise.....most any waterfall excursion....

Grand Rapids, MI
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: excursions

How about the canopy tour?? My travel agent mentioned.

Beverly Shores...
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: excursions

Sorry, I do not know about that tour. Are you talking about the Royal Palm Reserve or Bamboo Avenue???? I agree with Ohliz that what you really should do is take the Booze Cruise to Ricks, etc.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: excursions

It's also fun to find a local driver to show you around. You can have him drive through the hills and the west end, stop at one of many little roadside bars.

Take a short cab ride to 7 mile beach, where you will find all kinds of water activities offered -parasailing, glass bottom boat, jet skiis, waterski, snorkeling, catamaran etc.

On the same beach are many bars and restaurants you can stop at, as well as vendors selling everything from shirts to beaded jewekery, to beach towels, etc, etc.

In Jamaica, adventure will find you too!

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: excursions

I know people who did the Canopy Tour and loved it...I guess it depends on what you consider expensive, I heard that the tour runs about $80US per person. It's also a bit of a drive from Negril.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: excursions

I think there are two Canopy Tour locations, one south coast-ish and one north, not sure which would be closer to Negril. Looks like a blast but I wouldn't call it cheap.

Getting on a glass bottom boat out tothe reef to snorkel is only $20ish....a booze cruise can be up to $50 depending on length and what they give you.

Grand Rapids, MI
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: excursions

Thanks guys, you all have been helpful!! I am going to go through and write down your suggestions so I don't forget the good one when I get there!! Thanks again.

illinois
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: excursions

just returned from our forth stay at CN. the cat. cruise(booze cruise) is included in your price also glass bottom boat, snorkle, scuba, water skiing. We really enjoyed going for a ride with John and Anita( johnmaica) to see the caves at Extabi and the light house. You can ask them to stop any time any where you want.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
993 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: excursions

When are you going to be there? We will be in Negril Aug. 31 - Sep. 5 (at Starfish b4 that). We could share a tour if you are there at the same time.

PL

Grand Rapids, MI
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: excursions

We actually are there from Aug. 24th-31st, so it sounds like we will just miss each other.