We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 night stay - Best to book to arrive weekend or weekday?

LOL, FL
Level Contributor
346 posts
94 reviews
50 helpful votes
7 night stay - Best to book to arrive weekend or weekday?

We have pretty much settled on Couples SS for the A/N beach and ambiance.

Is it best to book for arrival departure on weekends or weekdays? Reasons? I remember arriving at a resort a few years ago, finding that other vacationers had already "made friends" so we felt kind of left out of the crowd. Also thinking it may be less crowded checking in and out if we arrive on a weekday.

Thanks

Barbara

Edited: 5:14 am, March 21, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
789 posts
5 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: 7 night stay - Best to book to arrive weekend or weekday?

Weekdays are less busy. At SSB, you have no problem meeting people.

Waleska, Georgia
Level Contributor
892 posts
236 reviews
79 helpful votes
2. Re: 7 night stay - Best to book to arrive weekend or weekday?

In my experience flights are usually a little cheaper as well during the week.....

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
260 reviews
226 helpful votes
3. Re: 7 night stay - Best to book to arrive weekend or weekday?

We prefer weekday flights because the airport is less crowded.

Deadwood, South...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
11 reviews
20 helpful votes
4. Re: 7 night stay - Best to book to arrive weekend or weekday?

I book whatever day I find the cheapest flight, and like dustmon said, it's usually a weekday, and specifically have had better luck with Tuesday and Wednesday departures.

United States
Level Contributor
14,058 posts
134 reviews
141 helpful votes
5. Re: 7 night stay - Best to book to arrive weekend or weekday?

"Also thinking it may be less crowded checking in and out if we arrive on a weekday."

Most people who work a standard 9 to 5 job normally find that it is better to arrive and depart on Sat. or Sun. as that fits their work schedule better. Weekend arrivals/departures also work better with families with school age children. This general rule has been true at all Jamaican resorts I have ever stayed at. While some people arrive/depart every day of the week, you will find check-in shorter as a rule on a weekday but I do not normally find that to be a major issue. If you can be flexible then I would consider price, for both air and land, to be more important in deciding when to arrive and depart.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,619 posts
260 reviews
97 helpful votes
6. Re: 7 night stay - Best to book to arrive weekend or weekday?

In our many travels to Negril, we travel mid week to mid week and book far enough in advance to get great deals both in hotel and airfare plus with airfare we have a good seat selection. As for MBJ, when you arrive, the midweek is less congested as the weekends when most people travel....sometimes, not always but if we had a choice we would always pick mid week travel, Vinnie makes a good point also.

Spring Creek, Nevada
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
7 helpful votes
7. Re: 7 night stay - Best to book to arrive weekend or weekday?

We always do a Friday. Since we live in Nevada, that still gives us the weekend to get home and recover from the time change and to "face reality"

Hazleton...
Level Contributor
243 posts
54 reviews
31 helpful votes
8. Re: 7 night stay - Best to book to arrive weekend or weekday?

Usually a Tue. or Wed. is the best. Just from personal experience.

Level Contributor
540 posts
25 reviews
137 helpful votes
9. Re: 7 night stay - Best to book to arrive weekend or weekday?

We do Friday to Friday. Thus giving us the weekend to get reacquainted with reality :)

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
25 reviews
112 helpful votes
10. Re: 7 night stay - Best to book to arrive weekend or weekday?

BarbML, also be sure that you visit the Couples message board, there are meet up threads for each of the resorts. You will find a lot of folks that will be at CSS the same time that you will be.