We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Swept away vs. Secrets Maroma Mexico!

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
69 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Swept away vs. Secrets Maroma Mexico!

My hubby and I consider to visit one of the two resorts next december. Which one has the better beach area? I mean which is more crowded on the beach? Where do you have more space between the beach chairs? We will go over christmas! Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Nikci

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Swept away vs. Secrets Maroma Mexico!

SMB has the more crowded beach IMO and IME.

We have been going to CSA for a long time and also stay at El Dorado Maroma, about 25 minutes from SMB and have been to SMB on several occasions for the day. The ocean at SMB can be choppy and we have always had calm water at CSA.

No beach beds at CSA but plenty of chairs and floats for all, which are great for the very popular pastime of floating in the ocean for hours. The beach has CSA is uncrowded and you will not be chair to chair with other guests.

2. Re: Couples Swept away vs. Secrets Maroma Mexico!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 08, 2015