We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drivers with car seats -- and when to book?

Atlanta
9 posts
Save Topic
Drivers with car seats -- and when to book?

We're staying at Idle Awhile with our toddler in May and hope to leave our car seat at home. I've searched the archives and saw that Kenny has a newer car seat. I plan on contacting him, but I'd like to have more than one resource. Does anyone have recent experience with any other great drivers with car seats? How far in advance do people typically book drivers?

Thanks!

michigan
Level Contributor
829 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drivers with car seats -- and when to book?

It's hard to properly install a car seat from what we have experienced. There only seem to be lap belts in the vans and not the belt that goes across your chest. The one that worked the best when our daughter was younger was the Safety 1st travel carseat. We used it for 2 years and then gave it to our driver Mark. He is the driver at Idle Awhile, along with his brothers Brian and Anthony.

michigan
Level Contributor
829 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drivers with car seats -- and when to book?

I tried to google the car seat that I was talking about and this is the closest that I could fine. Safe Traffic System Ride Safer 2 Travel Vest.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Drivers with car seats -- and when to book?

I know for a fact Nicholas has a car seat. He is a private taxi driver here in Negril, he is very friendly and of course is apart of Juta-Negril chapter.. Here is his site, he's really quick at returning calls and answering emails and things.

http://www.jamaicaislandtaxi.com

I am not sure how far in advance you need to request a driver, but maybe you could email him and ask

4. Re: Drivers with car seats -- and when to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 15, 2014