We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Negril Paradise Buildings renovation

Alexandria Bay
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Negril Paradise Buildings renovation

I have seen many pics of the outside of the Paradise bldgs during the final stages of renovation. I noticed that there are no balconies on any of the rooms. There are french balconies. They have ruined it for me as we like to sit on the balconies of the paradise rooms and watch the sunset. I do not like french balconies…..am I alone here.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Negril Paradise Buildings renovation

CSA has huge balconies. Just saying.

Portland, Maine...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Negril Paradise Buildings renovation

One of the most experienced travel agents spoke directly to the CEO of Sandals about this and posted in the "Fans of Sandals Negril" facebook page the following:

"

Currently at Sandals Star Awards in Turks and spoke to Adam as I promised. He said the Paradise block will definitely be getting balconies! They had to re-design and get special materials to do so, but once all approvals are complete, they will go up quickly. Materials are ready to go!

"

Mentioned in this post
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Sandals Negril Beach...
5,785 Reviews
Jamaica
Alexandria Bay
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Negril Paradise Buildings renovation

Special materials lol. BP we are considering CSA next year after 13 stays at Sandals. The beach supposedly is better at CSA also.

Edited: 6:33 pm, December 11, 2013
Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Negril Paradise Buildings renovation

Kitakuni: Yes, almost everyone on this board has agreed that the beach at CSA is larger and better...and busier. Since there is alot of $ involved, I guess it depends on what would be a deal breaker for you! It seems your breaker is the balcony. Whichever resort you eventually choose, at least you will be in Negril!!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Negril Paradise Buildings renovation

kitakuni

We stay at both CSA and SN and love them both for different reasons. We often do a split stay while in Negril, one week at each resort. I can tell you that the beach at CSA is wider, the sand is softer and the sea front has a nice sandy sea floor, no sea grass. We prefer the beach at CSA. The beach at CSA is a bit busier with tourists and venders walking by but security does a great job of keeping things moving along and keeping an eye on things. We do not have an issue with it at all, at the same time we enjoy the quieter northern part of Long Bay where SN is located

The verandahs (balconies and patios) at CSA are larger than Sandals and we love to hang out on them especially when it rains, but the room style itself is much different (you can view photos of the rooms on the Couples website) and the bathrooms at CSA really need a good reno which is currently taking place in stages at the resort. We absolutely love everything else about CSA.

You never know until you go so I suggest perhaps a split stay the next time you are in Negril, even if you do 7 nights at SN tag on an extra 3 nights at CSA to see what you think.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Portland, Maine...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Negril Paradise Buildings renovation

I think the "special materials" came into play because they extended the room sizes by encompassing the existing balconies (currently French balconies) & their original plans weren't approved because they would technically be extending the building further to the ocean so special building materials were required to meet codes etc. I know this topic is pretty serious business to those who have previously enjoyed the paradise building with a balcony. I have only ever stayed on the back side but did enjoy my balcony and wonderful garden view (haha)

Moncton
Level Contributor
190 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Negril Paradise Buildings renovation

Does anybody knows at watch stage the renovation is at right now. We are staying in that building and will be there for the 26th of Dec. Thanks

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Negril Paradise Buildings renovation

There is a new review about SN which mentions the new Paradise rooms. Maybe try sending BrianF a Private Message if you don't get any answers here.

America, The...
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Negril Paradise Buildings renovation

Wow, that's a hard one Kitakuni. I agree...watching the sun set over the sea from my balcony is one of my favorite things about Negril.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Negril Paradise Buildings renovation

DanielMoncton based on what I've read, they have recently completed renos (with the exception of the balconies) on the first half of the building and are now working on the second half. If you join the fb fan page for Sandals Negril, I'm sure you could get more specific info from guests who have either recently come home or are on-site now.

Mentioned in this post
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Sandals Negril Beach...
5,785 Reviews
Jamaica