We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine store near SATP

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aurora, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Wine store near SATP

Is there a little grocery store near Sunset at the Palms where we can purchase wine?

Thanks.

Negril
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine store near SATP

Down towards the garage near the airport...turn left out of SAT-P........bit of a 15 minute walk or 1 hour Jamaican speed!!!!!

SAT-P has an extensive wine list now...but can be expensive........Not much od a wine drinkin' culture in Jamaica...for some reason (LOL)...but you can get some lovely Chillean reds on the island!!!

Enjoy and RESPECT XXX

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine store near SATP

Like Zoggy says, it's not much of a wine drinking culture there. If you're serious about your wine, I recommend the rum. LOL!! Some friends came with us on our last trip and swore they wouldn't drink anything but wine. They went through all of the wines at the resort and didn't find any they liked, so then they said they'd move to Manhattans. Well, bitters aren't found very many places in Negril, so the Manhattans weren't all that, either. Then they finally switched to rum (like we told them to do from day one) and they were happy. :)

United States
Level Contributor
10,982 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine store near SATP

"Is there a little grocery store near Sunset at the Palms where we can purchase wine?"

The nearest grocery store to Sunset at the Palms is at the gas station next to the airport. I think I have seen 1 or 2 bottles (bottles not different types or brands) of wine in the store. I would advise going to the Hi-Lo supermarket on the cliff road (aka One Love Drive) for the purchase of wine. It is about 6 miles from your hotel so take a taxi.

Negril
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine store near SATP

"Down towards the garage near the airport..." unquote!!!

Jet-lag kickin' in?

RESPECT XXX

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,926 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine store near SATP

Don't count on a big selection of wine in Negril. I found an Italian pinot grigio (because I like white) that a couple stores carried. While I'm a big wine drinker at home, in Negril I mostly stuck with rum/juice or Red Stripe.

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine store near SATP

I usually pack a couple of bottles to bring with me. Bubble wrap and large plastic bags work beautifully and then I have room for the rum we take home.

The only place with any wine selection I've found is Hi-Lo, plus the smaller places may not have stored it correctly, you can occasionally get a bad bottle. Some Barefoot and Yellow Tail at Hi-Lo, along with others. And like the previous posters said, the rum is delightful!

Edited: 7:01 pm, October 17, 2013
Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine store near SATP

Yes, just pack a few bottles in your checked luggage, wrap them up in a beach towel or bubble wrap, that should get you thru the first day.

8. Re: Wine store near SATP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 19, 2014