We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Negril any tips

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
144 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches Negril any tips

will be there November 30th with my 2 young grandchildren and their parents. Was in Turks last year but wanted to try a smaller Beaches. Any one have some advise on the resort. Staying in the 2 bedroom butler suite. Thanks

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Negril any tips

jeannie

We have stayed at Beaches Turks & Beaches Negril several times and enjoy them both for different reasons. We most recently prefer BTC (last 2 visits June 2012 & April 2013) because of our teenager & the expanded teen program. We have always loved Grace Bay Beach, just amazing.

However, love Beaches Negril for the island and Negril itself, friendly staff & smaller size to keep track of everyone. The beach is amazing with calm clear seas and a gradual descent into the sea with a sandy sea floor. The kids club is great, caring staff and lots of activities. The water park is smaller at BN perfect for little ones and we like that it sets close to the beach. If you plan on spending time near the water park pool, have your butler set up and reserve lounge chairs for you all and umbrellas for shade for the little ones first thing in the morning in the area by the pool which backs up to the water slides. The loungers & umbrellas fill up quickly by this pool. It is a nice condensed area which makes it easy to keep an eye on the kids.

Most importantly enjoy your time at Beaches & in Negril!

Edited: 4:39 pm, September 29, 2013
Virginia
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Negril any tips

Bring plain white t's if your grandkids want to make tie-dyed t-shirts in the kid's club. They have them in the gift shop but of course they're rather pricey. Bring your own sand buckets and inflatable toys for the sea, you can leave them for other guests (or give them to your maid) when you leave, and that way you'll have more room in your suitcase for the trip home! More room in the suitcase = more rum cream, at least for us!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,766 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches Negril any tips

Maybe I'm all hosed up, but didn't I read in another post that Beaches was being refurbished as the Azul Sensatori and things were in mid-reno?

Aha... this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147313-i70-k68354…

Edited: 9:20 pm, September 30, 2013
Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches Negril any tips

Chris_and_Liz: Yep, you must be hosed up as you stated. I read that thread and no one said Beaches was going to become Sensatori. Someone commented that Sensatori will be a very short walk to Sandles Negril if you took a right off the property. Beaches is farther away...this is how rumors get started! It's Grand Pineapple that is being renovated so some people are being moved to Beaches. Oh and I think it was Beaches Sandy Bay that Sensatori is taking over...not Beaches Negril.

Edited: 9:59 pm, September 30, 2013
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches Negril any tips

Chris_and_Liz

The Azul Sensatori Negril by Karisma is the former Beaches Sandy Bay (the smaller of the 2 Beaches properties, the larger being Beaches Negril located next to CSA) and prior to Beaches Sandy Bay (Sandals leased this property) it was the old Poinciana Resort. Interestingly enough, there are still old Poincianna condo share holders still linked to the property anxiously awaiting the refurbishment.

6. Re: Beaches Negril any tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 02, 2014