We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking along the beach from the new Azul Sensatori?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Walking along the beach from the new Azul Sensatori?

We are staying at the new Azul Sensatori next June & wondered if you can walk along the beach from there? I love going for long strolls along the beach? Thanks in advance!

Middle of the...
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking along the beach from the new Azul Sensatori?

If you go to the beach and turn right you will soon come to Sandals. Though you can walk along the beach the guard will probably question you some and keep an eye on you. After Sandals is Hedonism and can't easily walk the beach there.

If you go to the beach and turn left you will need to follow a trail that leaves the beach for a short way and then returns. This will bring you to the main part of the Negril beach and you can follow along it for a few miles.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking along the beach from the new Azul Sensatori?

We have just booked for June also, might see you there :)

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
148 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking along the beach from the new Azul Sensatori?

Don't walk that stretch of deserted beach alone.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking along the beach from the new Azul Sensatori?

Deserted? @ PapaGeorge

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
148 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking along the beach from the new Azul Sensatori?

Yes as you turn left from Azul, you walk on the old property that was Mahogany Inn (500 yards maybe).

Then you must leave the beach and walk the deserted path (no more beach).

Then you come to the rental villa and then to the Negril Public Beach.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking along the beach from the new Azul Sensatori?

The Azul Sensatori is not 'new'. It is a refurbished older resort and new by name only.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
148 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking along the beach from the new Azul Sensatori?

It was originally the Poinciana Beach Hotel owned by a prominent Jamaican dentist Dr. Munroe.

In the late 1990's he transferred management responsibilities to the Sandals chain.

It became Beaches Inn Negril, then Beaches Sandy Bay then when Azul took over it was

Seashore Bay Resort.

I think the Azul chain has bought the property outright (I don't know this for certain). They are

putting millions of USD into it so its more than management responsibilities.

Rumor has it that they bought the old Mahogany property next to the now Azul.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking along the beach from the new Azul Sensatori?

Hmmm, I ran that stretch of beach from Azul aka Seashore/Sandy Bay left to Negril Tree House every morning alone (uphill both directions lol) and never felt uncomfortable. It was actually one of my favorite strips of beach as it was virtually vendor free and incredibly peaceful. Yes, you do go up off the beach and through some wooded areas but to each their own as to what you are comfortable with. Once or twice there was a guy selling his wares in there and the occasional tourist taking in a smoke, but no issues. I would not walk any part of the beach in the evening but during daylight it's no problem. I usually ran around 6 am and was incredibly peaceful. Even though I ran alone there were always a few others out there doing the same as me so I never really felt alone. During the day my husband and I would walk this same stretch and while it's not as heavily condensed with tourists as it is further west, you definitely are not isolated nor did it feel deserted. There just is a larger gap of land there between hotels.

9. Re: Walking along the beach from the new Azul Sensatori?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 21, 2014