We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CSA early check in (as in on-site day before)

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
117 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
CSA early check in (as in on-site day before)

We arrive Friday. Currently, Reservations booked starting Saturday.

Can we visit resort on Friday for early check in?

Also, can we make restaurants and cruise reservations if on property but not checking in until the next day?

If we are booked in a particular room category for the first night and another for the remaining, can we check in / i. e. make room requests the day we arrive for all?

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,509 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CSA early check in (as in on-site day before)

First, just want to say I'm glad you chose CSA because I know you were weighing a lot of places! I hope you love it there. I'm not really sure about the answers to your questions, but it can't hurt to try. You may want to call CSA first to find out when you arrive in Negril so you don't waste you lovely day on the cliffs. You can also be the first guests of the day to check in the next day and make all your requests then. I would also see at checkin if there's any chance your room category opened up for all your nights.

Edited: 7:24 am, August 14, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
117 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CSA early check in (as in on-site day before)

Thanks RM! We too are excited that we have officially booked CSA. :)

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CSA early check in (as in on-site day before)

You will need to wait until Saturday for check in. Enjoy your day on the cliffs on Friday, and do not worry about Saturday until it arrives. CSA works on their check outs later in the day for the next day . Room availability has everything to do with who is leaving. In the morning, they have a clear picture of what is available .

The question about pre reservations for things before you arrive is a tough question. Some people on this forum have been able to make reservations before arrival, via an email. Imo, it does not hurt to try. On the Couples message board, they have addressed this topic, and it sounds like they are trying to go back to no reservations before arrival. So, unfortunately, I do not think there is a clear answer for pre reservations for restaurants and cat cruise. I would not waste my time on Friday going to CSA, if you want to call and talk to the concierge, that could never hurt.

Maybe someone on the message board can post the email address that some used with luck to get reservations a week out from travel.

Also, will not hurt to make room/building/floor requests at check in. They try to accommodate requests, but not always possible. I personally, always put a building or floor requests on the comments of my pre check in. There is a spot for comments. I am not sure if they even see these comments, but somehow, many times my room matched what I had written on my pre checkin. I personally never request a particular room, but instead floors and building locations.

Did you decide on a room yet for Tensing Pen ?

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
117 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CSA early check in (as in on-site day before)

I'm actually waiting to hear back regarding room availability at Tensing and Catcha. The website is showing a lot of availability but I had a lot of feedback regarding the accuracy of the websites. We are also still conteplating adding On Friday night at CSA just in a different room category. That's why I was asking these questions. I have read a lot of the threads about early check in and reservations but no one was specific about actually being on-site trying to do this so I wasn't sure if it made a difference.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CSA early check in (as in on-site day before)

Lot's of decisions, luckily you can not go wrong with whatever you decide.

When I stayed at CSA one trip, I was going to do a room change from an atrium suite to a Beachfront suite mid week. I did not want to do the switch, unless they were able to give me the beachfront suite with the wrap around deck. At check in, they did spend the time to tell me, which room I would get if I did the switch ( they looked at their anticipated departures for later in the week). They were able to give me the room I wanted, so I planned on the change. However, I went back the next day and cancelled my request. I loved the room I had so much, I did not want to move and spend the extra money.

So, yes they are able to do room requests for room changes later in your trip. However, I have found at most hotels, the staff at the front desk, can be very accommodating, while other times less so. So I do not think there is a clear answer.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
117 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CSA early check in (as in on-site day before)

We are booked for a premiere beachfront, which I'm sooo excited about. That was a big decesion between premiere or regular. After obsessing over the differences and spending way too many hours reading reviews etc we just went with it. I was thinking about requesting ground floor but there seems to be a lot of fans of the second floor too so I figured it's time to get on "Jamaican time" and just take what we get and I know we will love it no matter what.

Now if I could just finalize Friday, I will be able to start my 8 month countdown! Lol

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,002 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CSA early check in (as in on-site day before)

I'm no expert but doesn't "early checkin" mean earlier on the same day. Typically checkouts are at Noon, checkins at 3pm. I am pretty sure you need 1 more night reservation somewhere.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
117 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CSA early check in (as in on-site day before)

I should have been more specific to say fill out any paperwork, schedule our dinner reservations, cruises and make any room requests. Just so that Saturday it would just be getting a key and were off..... :)

9. Re: CSA early check in (as in on-site day before)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 16, 2014