We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Mobay next Sat 8/17 arriving at 11am... worth it?

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Club Mobay next Sat 8/17 arriving at 11am... worth it?

For this time of year on a Saturday, do you guys think Club Mobay is worth it or will I just find out when I get to the airport? Last year when we went to Cancun it was a super busy arrival day and the customs lines to get into airport took about 2 hours. It was hot, corwded, and I definitely would've paid to start my vacation 2 hours sooner at that point. I see a lot of people say it's not worth the extra cost, but didn't know if Saturday would make it more worthwhile. A half hour or so line wouldn't bother me at all, but would love some other input based on this time of year on a Saturday. Also, since our transportation to CSA will be provided by couples, will they take us any sooner if we arrive to the lounge before others with similar flight arrival times? 8 more days until our first trip to Jamaica!

Mentioned in this post
Club Mobay Departure Lounge
Club Mobay Departure...
8,248 Reviews
Jamaica
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
san antonio
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Mobay next Sat 8/17 arriving at 11am... worth it?

I'd check flightstats.com a few days before your trip, see how many flights arrive around the same time. It saved us a bunch of time on a Saturday arrival early afternoon, but that was the week of Christmas. You can purchase it on short notice.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
6,054 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Mobay next Sat 8/17 arriving at 11am... worth it?

flightarrivals.com/cgi-bin/…dgb

Gives you a feel for Sat AM flights. Dont see any big planes from Europe at that time.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Mobay next Sat 8/17 arriving at 11am... worth it?

Absolutely - we did it once (on a thursday) and we will never not do it again - FANTSTIC! We let couples know we would be using the VIP Arrivals and there was a Coupels shuttle waiting for us when we arrived. We discovered later there were others on our plane also going to CSA, but we were the only ones in the shuttle.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Mobay next Sat 8/17 arriving at 11am... worth it?

Here is a web site that will show you all the planes (with arrival times) landing at a particular airport during a particular time frame:

flightstats.com/go/…

New York
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Mobay next Sat 8/17 arriving at 11am... worth it?

Too Cold:

How did you time yourself in the lounge for your shuttle

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Mobay next Sat 8/17 arriving at 11am... worth it?

"How did you time yourself in the lounge for your shuttle" I just contacted couples in advance and let them know we were doing the club MoBay arrival service, and they took care of it. Club MoBay arrivals may also inform couples of it too - but you may want to confirm that if you book.

Mentioned in this post
Club Mobay Departure...
8,248 Reviews
Jamaica
New York
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Mobay next Sat 8/17 arriving at 11am... worth it?

Too cold:

Did the couples driver meet you at the lounge ...How did you time the shuttle transport....

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Mobay next Sat 8/17 arriving at 11am... worth it?

Unless you have arranged for a private transfer, you still go to the couples lounge and check in at the couples lounge - not the club mobay lounge (which is pretty much next door).

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Mobay next Sat 8/17 arriving at 11am... worth it?

I have read that the arrival lounge at Club Mobay has rum punch, can you get some and then head to the Couples lounge?

I am seriously considering this service for my flight next Sunday. I just looked at Flight Stats and my flight arrives at 150pm, and ouch, so do many other flights in the same 1 hour time frame. We usually arrive earlier, but not this time.

I sent an e-mail to Club Mobay, and have numerous post about Club Mobay, but I have read conflicting information about the cost. Anyone know for sure, what is the arrival service cost ? Also, do you receive a discount if you purchase the departure service and arrival together. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Club Mobay Departure...
8,248 Reviews
Jamaica
Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Mobay next Sat 8/17 arriving at 11am... worth it?

According to flight stats for this Sunday ( so I am sure it will be close to the same), between 116pm and 222pm there are 14 flights arriving ( and those are all International flight, I did not count the in country flights), 5 flights scheduled at the same time as ours ( 150pm) !

So , regardless of cost, opinions, should I surprise my husband and do it ?