We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation

shreveport...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
transportation

I am staying at Sunset at the Palms in March and considering going to Whistling Bird for a sunset wedding for the evening (not overnight, just a few hours). The coordinator wants us to pay $20 p.p. round trip for a total of $40. Is this unreasonable? Will I be able to find my own transportation once I get there, or should I suck it up and pay the 40 bucks? We don't want a BUS, but we're not too good for a taxi or boat ride. Suggestions PLEASE!!???

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,748 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation

Hello kelbel,

Please wait untill you get there.

You print the word bus like it was a crime to take the bus.

Taxis are are all A/C minibuses in Jamaica. Very comfortable and safe as well. See for yourself and deal directly with the driver for about $20 r/t for two.

ENJOY!

VA
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation

JohnnyBgood is right, wait until you get there. We stayed at Sunset at the Palms last year and it is quite easy to find a cab in the parking lot and negotiate a fare.

shreveport...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation

Thanks!!!! I didn't really mean all that about the buses. It's my first time, so all the help is much appreciated!!!

shreveport...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation

Plus, it's my wedding, so I wasn't sure about traveling back and forth with the white dress and all the stuff that I'll have to carry to and fro. Thanks again!

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,748 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation

CONGRATULATIONS to you are your bride to be....

Let u sknow if you need any more advice or suggestions.

We love to know that you are going all the way to Jamaica to get married. Especially to Negril.

p.s. Be very careful. Jamaica is for romance and lovers, so you may even stay and never go back to Shreveport.