We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Love Bus Crawl

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
One Love Bus Crawl

Saw the reviews for this and it looks like a lot of fun. I just have a couple questions/concerns before booking it:

1. It is free of charge, but what tip is suggested? I have no idea what we are expected to tip.

2. How many hours does the entire bus crawl take? About how long are you at each stop. Long enough to eat?

3. I have some safety concerns. Is it during the day or evening hours? For those who have been on it before, was it safe?

4. Some reviews said the bus only holds about 16 people, but some had over 40 on their bus. I would hope it doesn't overbook that much!

5. My husband and I are not big drinkers. I wasn't sure if the bus will be filled with drunk people being obnoxious...like one review said. I would like to see other parts of Negril and we would have a few drinks along the way, but we aren't going to get totally wasted...at least we don't plan on it!!

Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

My first time in Jamaica was at the Wyndam Hotel which is now the Hilton Rose Hall, very very nice hotel. The have a huge waterpark there. First time was nice but the second when it was the Hilton was even better however my stay there was cut short because my sister was getting married at The Riu in Montego Bay and she wanted me to stay at that resort with everyone else. So I checked into the RIU and HATED IT! Worst hotel ever. Service sucked, rooms were so outdated...we had keys attached to a big wooden block for our hotel rooms. I tried another RIU last year, Negril, because everyone told me it's much better than the one in Montego Bay, worst decision ever! Roach motel. Roaches everywhere. So now I vowed NEVER to visit another RIU again! We also stayed at the Grand Palladium, NICE HOTEL, huge rooms, huge resort, very good food and drinks. We've also done the Dominican Republice, AI as well, I've stayed in Juan Dolio at the Costa Coral Caribe, then I stayed at the Sunset in Puerto Plata and then I stayed in Sasua. We went to Mexico - Cancun, once and stayed at the the Golden Parnassus, beautiful hotel but food wasn't that great nor were the drinks so we hopped on the bus for .25 and went downtown and some REAL Mexican Food, the best. We are planning to visit Belize next year, I found some beautiful resorts on the beach thru groupon that I did some research on and we have friends from there that tell us it's beautiful. My son's father is from Honduras and my son had the opportunity to visit last year and he LOVED it. That is someplace I want to visit as well. His father's family has a home on the beach there but of course I would stay at a hotel, where did you stay?

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,960 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

Sorry for going off topic to the thread, just wanted to add a comment. Most hotels in Negril are dated and not what you may be used to staying at some of the big name resorts mentioned. I hope you won't be disappointed in CC. Think beach cottage. Wooden floors, slatted wood louvers on windows, basic bathroom with older fixtures. Old lamps, tvs (one or two rooms have newer flat screens), bedspreads. Beds in Negril are typically hard. My last AI stay was at a Gran Bahia in Samana, DR. When walking into my cottage at CC my first night (dark & around midnight), the contrast to the AI was quite noticeable. The next morning, I woke up to the sun poking through the louvers, the sounds of the beach, the juice man calling out "oraaaaange juice". Opened up the louvers, stepped onto my balcony, and realized it was imperfect, but entirely perfect in Negril. Housekeepers are warm and lovely and keep cottages clean. AC works great, fridge is roomy. Beautiful gardens and beach. It's all you need to enjoy the beautiful Negril beach, but not modern or "polished".

Edited: 2:07 am, August 18, 2013
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

That is EXACTLY what we're looking for. We wanted to step outside of the AI BOX. Yes we're use to the modern big name hotels but again we wanted to get more of the JAMAICAN feel this time around, we wanted to hang with the locals, eat more Caribbean food, hear more reggae, hear the sounds of the water on the beach and get a more close knit environment feel so i'm expecting all that you described and also what we saw on the CC website. I'm hoping after this trip we'll never do AI in Jamaica again after this. There are some islands I would and wouldn't do non AI since we're not familiar with the island but Negril versus MoBay or Ocho is someplace I would do the AI. Thank you for your feedback and experience.

44. Re: One Love Bus Crawl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 20, 2014