We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

credit cards at csa

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
credit cards at csa

Do csa make you give a credit card to the front desk on check in? I have never had to do that when travelling n Europe and neither of us has a credit card...

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: credit cards at csa

Yes you will have to either have a credit card, debit card or cash. I beleive it is $300. They put a hold on your card for incidentals, purchases in the gift shop, pictures, the spa, etc. it is released or returned when you check out.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
542 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: credit cards at csa

A debit card will do. Its standard procedure in most countries. They just swipe the card but do not actually take any money from it.

Bolton
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: credit cards at csa

Hi jade. I checked this with my travel agent (Thompson) as I had read the same thing on trip advisor. They informed me that it would state on my booking confirmation if a deposit of any kind needed to be left.... It doesn't. I wasn't going to take a credit card with me but now I'm not so sure, maybe I might 'just in case'.

warne, nc
Level Contributor
170 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: credit cards at csa

Couples does this for they are a 'cash free' resort. At CN, I was going to pay in cash at the gift shop but the young man there did not have a cash box. He said that he was not allowed to handle cash so he would have to get a manager and it could take a bit of time to do so. When we checked out we had only a couple of dollars on our card and was given the chose of paying cash. This is for everyone's convenience and it's really nice that you don't have to tote $$ around.

Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
803 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: credit cards at csa

This was how it worked at the last 2 resorts we stayed at. Cashless now.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
886 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: credit cards at csa

They will let you check in, but you will not be able to charge anything to your room.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
886 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: credit cards at csa

They will let you check in, but you will not be able to charge anything to your room.

mississippi
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: credit cards at csa

They do require a card at check in.

London, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: credit cards at csa

Thanks all as long as we can use our debit cards that wont be a problem. 39 days to go!

Bolton
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: credit cards at csa

Hi jade. U will be there when we are.... 32 days, 17 hours and just can't wait!!!! Haven't I read somewhere u are getting married there or just before u go? Hope all the plans are going good ( if I'm right)?