We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a few CSA questions help!

Colorado
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
a few CSA questions help!

what kind of beer is served?

do they have energy drinks..Red bull?

what time does the catameran leave and how long is it?

Can I bring my own insulated cup to use ?

should I get a private transfer from airport,,going to be with 4 couples or just take the shuttle?

who should I use for ys falls and zip line tour ..private or tour company?

TOP 3 resturants there?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

United States
Level Contributor
11,933 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a few CSA questions help!

"should I get a private transfer from airport,,going to be with 4 couples or just take the shuttle?"

I always take the shuttle as I have paid for it. If you do a private transfer you pay again and will save only a few min. of travel time. I would rather spend the money on something else, for example a tour.

"who should I use for ys falls and zip line tour ..private or tour company?"

All a matter of opinion. Take a shared tour to lower your cost. Take a private tour if you want to control the schedule of the tour.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a few CSA questions help!

Since you have 4 couples you should be able to get a great price on a private tour. We did a private tour for 8 of us to YS Falls and the Pelican Bar and got an excellent price. We used Talk of the Town Tours, but there are numerous drivers/companies who could take you there.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,448 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a few CSA questions help!

1. Red Stripe, Red Stripe Light, Caribe and Miller LIte (I think there is one other, but I don't remember)

2. I do not beleive that they have Red Bull, but you will want to check over at the sports complex

3. The cat cruise leaves around 3:30-4:00 and is about 2.5 hours

4. Because you have 4 other couples, if you are all arriving at the same time you shuttle to the resort will probably be private, with the 5 couples. So I would take the resort shuttle (if there is another couple on there the only stop that you will make other than a drink stop, would be at Couples Negril)

5. Check at the CSA tour desk, they can set that up for you.

6.Can't answer for the restaruants, I have not spent a full week there yet and only had the fish tacos which were amazing.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a few CSA questions help!

There are only three ala carte restaurants for dinner and those are my top three. We enjoy the ambiance and food at Lemongrass, the food and service at Feathers and Patios is always a nice option. We never go to the Palms for dinner.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
315 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a few CSA questions help!

what kind of beer is served?

Please don't take this wrong, certainly not trying to be rude or mean but...I never really understand this question...you're in Jamaica drink the Red Stripe or Red Stripe light. There isn't a bigger beer snob than me and I'm quire happy to drink Red Stripe! Anything with Rum in it is excellent as well!

do they have energy drinks..Red bull?

Don't know, we don't drink it. Go across the street to the spa/gym area they have a bar over that will make you a pretty damn good smoothy (non-alcoholic).

what time does the catameran leave and how long is it?

Depends on the time year you go. In early June it departed about 4:15 and returned between 6:30 and 7:00. In march it was closer to 3:30 or so and was the same length of time. Definately do this, a lot of Fun!

Can I bring my own insulated cup to use ?

Yes, but they may not fill it. Just order two drinks and pour it in yourself.

should I get a private transfer from airport,,going to be with 4 couples or just take the shuttle?

No, just take the shuttle provided by Couples. If you're going to spend extra money on transfer, others may suggest a Tim Air flight (but they can be pricey).

who should I use for ys falls and zip line tour ..private or tour company?

Lot's of options to research here on TA, as blondie said you can visit the tour desk at CSA as well.

TOP 3 resturants there?

For Dinner, Feathers, Patois and Lemongrass.

For Lunch we preferred, Seagrapes. The menu is small but the food is very good. Also, do walk down the beach and grab something off resort for lunch a couple days.

I hope you enjoy CSA!!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: a few CSA questions help!

Thanks!! Going next week .. As for the beer I bought red strip here in Texas and it was pretty strong hope the red stip light is more smooth! Thanks for the info!!!!!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
315 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: a few CSA questions help!

mck2002 where are you from in TX we lived in San Antonio for 13 years before moving to CO...likely moving back to SA in a couple of years.

I think the ABV for Red Stipe is 4.7%, Red Stripe Light is 3.6%...stay away from the" Red Stipe Bold" it's 6.0%

We've only been back for two weeks :( and are planning next years trip now, probably back to CN this time :)

You'll have a great time at CSA!

8. Re: a few CSA questions help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 30, 2014